Ch. 34: A New Start

Chapter 34: A New Start

"Losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But, losing your reason for the journey is a fate more cruel." - H. G. Wells.

Within Team RWBY's Dorm Room the mechanical alarm clock that stood on the nightstand in between the shoddily made bunk beds laid still when the time was "6:29".

Seconds pass and then the alarm blares throughout the dorm room. Half a minute passes as the alarm continues until a pillow is thrown at it hard enough to fly onto Weiss's head, hitting her. Surprisingly the alarm's snooze button is hit as it dinged.

"Gah!! What the-?!" Rubbing her head where the clock hit, Weiss groans in annoyance as she picks the device up and gets out of bed.

Standing up and looking into Ruby's bed she sees the sleeping girl and speaks up. "Hey! Ruby!" The girl being called however was snoring soundly, a Grimm sleeping mask over her eyes.

Weiss' eye twitches at being ignored and tosses the mechanical clock onto Ruby's head in retaliation, causing her to jump with a yell as the clock dings again.

"Grimm! Fallen! Saint!" She said suddenly sitting up in fright as she held her arms out as if readying for a fistfight.

"Ruby!"

"G-huh?" Looking towards the voice, Grimm mask still on she lifts one side over and sees her partner. "W-Weiss?" She sleepily asks and then yawns after.

"It's six-thirty! Get up! Don't you have a House thing to do today?" A still sleepy but annoyed Weiss asks.

"House-? Oh! You're Right!" Using her semblance she's jumps to the dresser quickly grabs her clothes and flies into the bathroom. Weiss could hear the shower going off, she facepalms as she looks at her scroll next to her bed and sees it being "6:34".

With a sigh she gets back in bed ready to sleep for another hour so they could prepare for today's classes.

"DingDingDingDingDingDing!!!"

Yet just before Weiss could return to her dreams the Alarm Clock goes off again. Still on Ruby's bed.

"Oh come on!" She and another yells out of nowhere, looking to her right she could indeed see Blake up as well, just in a state like hers.

Except Weiss could see it in her bright eyes that she obviously was not getting a good amount of sleep, considering the day before was a tough battle against Torchwick, she couldn't blame her Black-haired teammate.

"Weiss?" Blake asked.

"On it."

With a double leg kick into the bottom of Ruby's bed Weiss seemed to launch the alarm clock onto the floor between their beds. As it landed still going off a book called "Ninja's of Love" crashed into it, hard.

The ringing stopped, as well as the crush remains of the mechanical clock, with a nod both laid back down in their own beds ready to sleep for another hour.

*SnNOoOorRe~*

That was until Yang's own snore continued again, if you asked Blake what she didn't like about her Partner Yang, it was that some nights her snore was loud enough to wake her and Weiss up.

As for Weiss it's a surprise as to how Ruby can sleep through it, eventually seeing that they won't be going back to sleep anytime soon they both got up.

Weiss contemplated letting Yang sleep in as they go to classes making her the only one late, unknown to Weiss, Blake was thinking the exact same thing.