Chapter 6. S

Sara

👑👑👑

After parking my car, I enter the tall office building. People are waiting for the elevators, as usual. It will take two rides for me to get a chance to enter it.

Fuck it.

I change directions and walk towards the staircase.

At the fourth level, I lean against the railing to catch my breath.

This was a bad idea . . .

There's still eight floors to go.

I can do it, though.

So I push myself off the metal railing and continue ascending the stairs. Before I open the door to the twelfth floor, I control my hectic breathing. A curse wants to get out when I instantly make eye contact with Travis when I eventually open the door.

"Hello, Sara. Did you do anything interesting last night?"

Flashbacks of me picturing Antonio while masturbating hit me hard, making me slightly blush. Good thing I have some foundation on to hide it.

"No, not really. Just the usual."

"We should hang out tonight, then." I pick my eyebrows in confusion. "So you have something interesting to do."

In my head, my eyes roll to the back of my skull. The irony is that I for a second actually considered his offer. I need to go out more. He keeps walking along with me, even when I enter my office. There's a post-it note with Mia's handwriting on my desk.

"My office."

Short and sweet. I flash it to Travis and walk by him to the boss's office, leaving him standing alone.

"Enter." She says after I've knocked.

"Good morning."

"Morning." She hands me an envelope and I take it. "I need you to go to him and see what he has to say."

I take a glimpse at the paper inside and frown.

"We already went over the contract last week, I sent them the new version already."

"Yes. But he has new stuff he wants to add."

"Can't he send them through email?"

She sighs, knowing I'm right.

"Listen, he's one of our top clients at the moment and he wants to do this in person."

I huff a breath. So I went up twelve stories just to have to go back down.

"Okay."

👑

Parking my car in the underground garage, I pull down my sun visor and check myself in the mirror. My blond hair is still slightly wavy from last night. I refresh my lip gloss.

Why do I make the effort? I don't know.

I finally get out of the car and head for the elevator, I press the button so the doors open up. There are mirrors on three walls of the metal box and I try not to fix my hair anymore. The doors open again after a few seconds, it feels weird entering the club during the day and when all the lights are on.

The only time I've been here during the day was with Izzy for Antonio's birthday about three years ago. And I left early then.

I saunter out of the elevator, my heels making a loud noise in the silence. I glance to my right at the bar, but I see no one there.