Bonus Chapter 2. Valentine's Day

Sara

👑👑👑

Slowly removing Anton's heavy arm around my waist, I pad to the bathroom to relieve myself then go to the kitchen.

It's only around ten and I know my husband will not wake up in the next two hours. So I grab a cup of coffee, my romance book and go to the balcony to read.

It's only when my stomach starts to grumble that I enter my apartment to have some breakfast.

As I'm putting away the dirty dishes in the sink, I hear Anton's steps nearing. I look up and see the most beautiful sight that still has the ability to steal my breath away even after a few years together.

His chest is bare of clothes but is filled with tattoos I like to trace as I'm falling asleep. His muscular arm raises to pull his long hair back from his brows. My gaze lowers to his defined abs and then even lower. His package is hidden by sleep shorts. Bummer.

When I meet his eyes, he's smiling. I turn around just as he's a few feet away from me to prepare for his usual 'good morning'.

One hand tangles in my hair and the other arm wraps around me to pull me flush to him. His lips crash on mine and my body dizzies. He doesn't deepen the kiss, instead, his lips travel to my cheek, then to my nape and lower before closing over mine again.

"Mmm," I mumble against his lips, our breaths mingling. "Well, good morning to me."

He chuckles and grabs my hips, effortlessly lifting me and planting my ass on the counter. And when he kisses me this time, it's deep. His tongue plays with mine, his hands explore my body and his touch leaves goose bumps wherever his fingers graze my skin.

His palms run up my thigh, with him he takes the silky material of my robe—courtesy of Izzy.

When he buries his face in my neck to leave open mouth kisses there, I laugh softly and push him off.

"You're really horny this morning," I muse, my hands clutching his sides.

He groans and lifts his face up, peering at me. "I haven't seen you in like two days." He says and goes back to trailing kisses across my neck and collar bone.

What he said is kinda true.

It's Sunday today, and last night he had to spend the whole day trying to solve a problem with a vendor or something before they opened. And Friday, I had to work during the day and after that, I went out to eat with my colleagues. So I didn't see him the entire day, he barely woke up just to give me a kiss before I went to work.

"I'm sorry I couldn't check up on you last night." He says.

"Hey," I frame his face. "It's alright. You had to work. Besides, I could've come downstairs myself but I didn't wanna take off my comfy pajamas." I confess.

He leans back to examine my wardrobe, his eyes heating up. "You were wearing this the entire night?" He asks. I nod, even though it's half the truth. What I was wearing beneath my satin robe is different from what I'm currently wearing. Very different.

But I don't want him to see it now.

"So," he drawls, looking at the breakfast I was preparing. "Is this my Valentine's breakfast?" He lifts a brow, the corners of his lips lifting.

I nod. "Mhmm."

It's Valentine's Day and apparently he has something planned for me. I just don't know what it is.

"Should we exchange gifts while we eat?" He asks, his thumb moving back and forth on my leg.

"What makes you think I bought you a gift?" I retort, trying hard to maintain a straight face.