Chapter 49. S

Sara

👑👑👑

I'm getting married.

Literally.

Today. Right now is more appropriate.

And to the man of my dreams.

I didn't know I had the balls to ask Anton to marry me.

I haven't given much thought to marriage. When I was still dating Alex, we talked about how we'd wait a few years until we both established our careers and were financially stable. But all that talk proved to be pointless the second he broke things off with me. When I got with Antonio, in the beginning, marriage was the last thing on my mind. We were not in a serious committed relationship as it was only for sex. But after everything we've been through and everything he's done for me, I know one hundred percent in my heart that this is something that was bound to happen sooner or later. And it appears to be the former.

When I saw the chapel, I surprised myself even when I asked him to marry me.

I wasn't worried he'd reject me, but I worried he'd talk me out of it. That he'd want his entire family with him. Which is why I told him we would hold a ceremony when we get back to Miami.

"Can I just say that your boyfriend is really handsome?" Chloe says, her bright green hair framing her soft features. She looks banger with her hair.

My lips pull up in a smile. "I know." And I'm going to marry him.

Her phone buzzes and she reads the message before pocketing it again. "The boys said everyone is in their place."

I take a deep breath, but I don't release it yet. This is really happening.

I'm going to be somebody's wife. Antonio's wife. Oh, God. Why am I suddenly nervous?

"Breath," Chloe says and rubs my shoulders.

I let out a nervous chuckle. "I'm good, I'm good."

Aren't married people supposed to live together? But we don't live together. Not officially, at least. I still have my apartment, even though I don't really go there anymore. Not since what had happened with Tra—

Nope. Not gonna say his ugly name.

We've only been dating for a couple of months. Officially. And here we are getting married.

Our relationship is so backwards. But I wouldn't change a thing about it.

"Are you ready?" She asks. She's the best for pulling me aside so I can 'walk down the isle' She even went as far as giving me a few hand-plucked flowers as a makeshift bouquet.

I make sure to remember to ask her number and tell her she and her friends are welcome whenever they want in Lusso.

"As ready as I can be." I nod and clutch the tulips tighter.

She gives me a smile and walks with me to the doors that lead to where ceremonies take place.

"Good luck." She says and enters, so I'm left to walk down the aisle alone.

I take a few deep breaths to steady my heartbeat. Most girls dream of their wedding since they're teenagers. And I guess I was one of those girls, but not in the last year. I always envisioned there would be tons of lilies. My wedding dress would have a long train. A dress that my best friend Izzy designed and made.

For one fleeting moment, I think of my mom. My dad—who supposedly should be the one I'm clutching his hand while walking to my husband-to-be. I haven't talked to them in a very long time. We're both equally at faults for not making more effort into checking up on each other.