Chapter 47. S

Sara

👑👑👑

My lips involuntarily lift in a smile at the sound of the screen doors sliding open. I don't turn around, but I feel his warmth before he wraps his brawny arms around me. He doesn't say anything, just buries his face in the crook of my neck as his lips leave soft kisses along my skin.

"Good morning, handsome." I say, resting my coffee mug on the railing. Last night, with it being a Friday, he had to go down and actually work instead of staying with me the entire time. He sent me a few messages throughout the night, checking up, and even came up once. I felt him when he came back to bed. I remember him telling me goodnight after kissing my shoulder and pulling me closer to him.

"Mhmm." He hums, the vibrations against a sensitive spot. "Good morning, bebé."

Oh, his husky morning voice is doing something to my lady bits.

One of his hands spreads across my stomach. I'm only wearing sleeping shorts and a loose crop top. It's still hot in Miami even when it's September.

The sounds of cars driving by are shallow and very far away. We can hear the birds better from up here. A gust of wind blows by and it blows my hair around.

I'm patting the strands back to their original place when suddenly, I see Antonio's arm stretching in front of me, and between his fingers are two papers. I furrow my brows and attempt to read the words on them.

"Anton . . . What are those?" I ask, even though it's clear what they are.

"I think you know what these are." He says, squeezing my hip.

"For us?" I ask a different question.

"No, for the neighbors." He chuckles. "Yeah, they're for us, darling."

I don't laugh, instead I grab the tickets from his hand and turn around to face him. He takes my mug from me and sets it on the table next to us so I don't burn us.

I look into his dark eyes, searching for . . . I don't even know what. I glance back at the tickets.

"It says here the departure time is tonight."

"I know. I bought them."

I roll my eyes as my lips want to stretch into a smile. "Stop being a smartass."

"We'll have time to pack our bags before the flight."

"But why? What's the reason we're going?"

He shrugs. "No particular reason. I just want to go to Las Vegas, lose all my money in casinos," he lowers his voice, "spend some sexy time with my beautiful girlfriend, go out and then we'll come back."

Bewildered, I stare at him. The last month and some, he's been nothing short of perfect. He's been so considerate of my situation and my needs and he's been spoiling me left and right. Just doing what many would consider 'simple' things, but for me, they mean the world. And now this . . .

"And it's first class too?"

"Only the best for you, my darling." He cups my cheek with one hand, the other still on my hip, pulling me flush to him. "Besides, our trip falls on your birthday."

I check the flight information again. We leave the 23rd and get back on the 30th of September. And my birthday is on the 26th. I'll be turning 24. I don't question how he knows when my birthday is. I definitely did not tell him when it is.

"Consider this your birthday gift from me."

I bite my lip as I look between the flight tickets and his handsome face. I should just accept this without making a big fuss about it. For his birthday, I already have some ideas in mind that he'll think are too much.

My lips stretch wide in a grin and I lift the tickets in the air and wave them around.

"We're going to Vegas, baby."

I let out a whoop for extra measure and he joins me before hugging me and twirling me around. All while we're both laughing loudly.

👑👑👑

A/N:

What do you think will happen in Vegas?

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." But will that apply to them? 👀 You don't want to miss the next few chapters