Chapter 11. S

Sara

👑👑👑

The beeping sound of my alarm clock makes me groan and push my face deeper into the pillow.

7:15 a.m. Monday morning.

But it's pretty warm and cozy in my bed, so I move around and find that I've been cocooned like a burrito with the sheets.

Pushing them away from me, they fall in a heap to the floor. I glance down and notice that I'm fully naked. Usually I wear panties to bed, but I guess that last night I didn't . . .

After five minutes of looking at the ceiling and contemplating if it's worth it to call in sick, I eventually stand up, put on underwear and the first shirt I see. I go to the bathroom adjoined to my bedroom and do my regular morning routine.

Before I start my makeup, I need coffee in my body, though.

I walk to the kitchen/living room and—"aaah."

My shriek makes Antonio jump up on the stool he's sitting on.

"What-what are you doing here?"

"I slept here," Yes. Of course. How could I forget? "You don't remember?" He asks, amusement lacing his tone.

"No, no. I remember. It just slipped my mind for a moment there." I chuckle.

He was using his phone. His shirt on, but unbuttoned. He doesn't have his belt on yet .

"You saying I wasn't that memorable?"

My cheeks heat and I shake my head. "No. You were fine."

I finger the hem of my shirt anxiously, overly aware of the lack of clothes I have on.

"Fine? I remember you telling me my oral skills were 'very good'."

I avert my eyes and peer to my left, seeing the pyjamas he took off of me yesterday folded and stacked on the love seat.

"I made you coffee," I face him again, see him standing up and pouring me a cup. "Black?"

"Yes, thank you."

Walking forward, I take the mug from his extended arm, but he doesn't let go when I pull at it. When I face him, eyebrows pulled together, he surprises me by dipping his head down and giving me a soft peck on my cheek.

"Good morning," he purrs.

I feel my face warm up even more than before and I mumble a low good morning back. As I'm turning on my heel to go back to my room, I stop and instead walk backwards, preventing him from having a peek at my butt.

"I'm going to-" I motion my thumb behind my shoulder, "-get dressed. I have to go to work."

"Okay. I'll wait here for you."

I didn't expect him to say that, but I nod nonetheless and keep on walking backwards. His eyes dip down to my bare legs, his smile widening, then he turns back to using his phone.

I take a quick shower, then decide on what to wear today. Seeing a beige dress that I got a while back but haven't gotten the chance to wear yet, I pull it from the hanger and put it on.

The neckline of the dress dips down a bit more than I'd usually go for with work attire. But I know I'll be staying in the office the entire day and I won't be meeting with clients, so it's good.

After putting on a tinted sunscreen, a bit of blush and some mascara, I enter the kitchen.

Antonio has buttoned his shirt, but his vest and jacket are draped over his shoulder.