Chapter 17. S

Sara

👑👑👑

For the next two weeks, I work out more times than I usually do in a month.

Every time I go to Anton's club to use his gym, he's already there, sweaty, flushed and working out. Sometimes he'd be shirtless, giving me a view of the toned abs I've now become more familiar with. His tattoos would look more pronounced—more black.

Izzy only accompanied me the first time I went there. That's when I snapped at him.

I would do my regular workout routine, then we'd do some boxing drills together. He said I'm becoming better. Last time I used the gym, I asked him if we could box each other like in an actual boxing fight. He laughed, but then accepted. Of course, I was afraid to hit him and he was too, so we just went back to our usual routine not even a minute into our "fight".

"I'll see you on Sunday? Same time?" Tony asks as I'm packing my water bottle back in my back bag after our session.

"Yup. Same time." We've somehow become each other's work out partner.

"Okay. See you then, King." He says and walks ahead of me to the elevator, going up to his condo. I've been taking my after-workout showers here instead of at my apartment since it's bigger than mine and I don't enjoy the sweat drying on my skin in the time it takes me to reach home.

After finishing up my quick shower, I put on a dress and pull my hair up into a messy bun and make my way to the elevator. When I reach the ground floor, voices and sounds of scraping chairs greet me. It's seven-ish and most of his employees are already here. Antonio is standing near the stairs that lead to the main dance floor, opposite of me, arms crossed with a slight frown between his eyebrows. The sight of him, freshly showered as well, wearing his work attire is really hot.

I try not to let my eyes linger on his tall and brawny figure, but I can't help it. As I walk closer to him, his lips move, but I'm still too far to hear what he's saying. He uncrosses his arms and motions to somewhere in front of him, behind the staff.

His short sleeved button-down shirt stretches with the movement and along with it, his muscles move as well. I enjoy looking at his tattoos and finding new details every time. Currently, the one I'm looking at is a motorcycle helmet.

"No. This is not what I've asked of you." His deep and authoritative voice pulls my gaze back to his profile. The person he's talking to mumbles something back. "Okay. I'll handle him myself next time." I can tell he wants to add something, but I'm close enough for him to notice me. His face turns to me and his frown deepens. "Hey, is everything alright?" He fully turns to face me and takes a step in my direction.

I nod and will my face to turn blank, to not show him I'm getting slightly turned on by him just talking and bossing people around.

"How are you getting back home? On foot?"

"Yeah. The weather is nice, so why not," I shrug and his gaze falls for a second to my cleavage. I'm a little relieved my face is still slightly flushed from my earlier workout, because I can definitely feel my face heating.

"I can drive you,"

I shake my head. "No, it's fine. You need to get things done here." I wave my hand around his club.

"Okay." In a move so quick, he leans down and gives me a quick peck on the cheek. "See you on Sunday, sweetheart." He whispers in my ear, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand. Before I can even form an answer, he gives me a wink and gets back to his duties.

I stay frozen in my place for a moment, too turned on to move. How can a simple kiss on the cheek make my whole body hypersensitive?

I make eye contact with one of his employees—Jack, his name is, I think—and his knowing smirk unfreezes me and I start ascending the stairs.