Chapter 31. T

Antonio

🥃🥃🥃

I spent another blissful weekend with Sara.

I eventually found out what Izzy gave to Sara back at her shop.

A set of black lace lingerie that looked fucking amazing on her. I almost came from the sight alone. Which is why I didn't let her take it off for the first two rounds.

With a cheerful smile on my face, I turn around in bed, but I stop midway when I hear a moan. It's not one of pleasure, though. But pain.

I whip my face when another muffled whimper comes from right next to me. Sara is curled up in a fetal position, a small frown between her brows.

A quick glance at the clock lets me know she should already be at work by now, but she's not. I must have missed her alarm—if it even went off at all.

I cup her cheek. "Hey, Sara, sweetheart, are you okay?" She was fine when we went to bed.

She groans, and her frown deepens. "Headache . . . Period." She says. She got her period. Which means we've been sleeping together for a month, as this is the first time she's menstruating since we started sleeping together.

I lower my voice as I ask my next question, knowing that loud voices will make the throbbing worse. "Do you need anything? Tampons?"

She hums. "Melatonin," she says. "Sleeping pills. Purse." She's speaking slowly and almost whispering. But I understand what she wants and stand up to go get them.

Her hand reaches out and she stops me. "Call Mia, please? She'll give me the day off."

"I'll grab you the pills first, okay?" I stroke her hair. She hums and I go get them. When I return with them and a glass of water, I carefully lift her face up so she can drink.

I think I hear her whisper a soft 'thanks'.

"Sleep, baby. I'll close the blinds, okay?" I don't wait for her reply and shut the blinds. When I have headaches, I hate loudness and bright lights, and I'm assuming that's with everyone.

I crouch next to her and put my fingers to her forehead. It's warm but not a fever. Good.

Giving her a tender kiss on the top of her head, I walk outside the room. Times like this, I regret not having a door to my bedroom. I thought it was cool to have to take only two steps up to enter it, how my entire condo is practically one open space. I walk all the way to my office on the opposite wall and close the door behind me—the only room other than the bathroom that does have a door—to not disturb her as I call Mia.

I quickly send my friends James a message, asking him to send me Mia's number. They're both in the same field and they're acquaintances. He sends me her phone number immediately, along with a few questions as to why I'd need it, but I ignore him for now. Sara is my priority. I dial the number and press my phone to my ear. She answers after two rings.

"Mia Brooks speaking,"

"Hey Mia, it's Tony."

"Oh, hey," she's surprised. I never call her. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah," I ask how she's doing. She does the same. Then, "I'm actually calling about Sara."

"Yes?" She prompts and I note there is a hint of worry.

"She won't be able to come in today," there's a beat of silence, probably wondering why I'm the one telling her this.

"Okay. Thanks for letting me know. Is she alright or is it just that time of the month?" She chuckles softly.

"Yeah, she got her period. And she had a migraine. She told me you'd give her the day off. Thank you for that." I can't imagine her going to work while her head hurts. She could barely talk, for fuck's sake.

She says, "Hey, I'm a woman too. So I get it." There's another beat of silence, and I'm about to say goodbye so I can get back to Sara when she speaks again. "So, are you two dating?"

I glance at the closed office door. Behind it, in my room on the other side of my condo, lies my Sara.

"Yeah, something like that." I'm not sure what Sara would've wanted me to say to her, but I'm not going to lie or hide our relationship. Plus, I don't think she would've told me to call her if she wanted to keep what we're doing totally secret.

"Hurt her and I'll kill you." She deadpans and the arms on my hair raise a bit at her icy tone. "And I don't care if this call is recorded."

"I won't. I promise." I say and mean it.

"Good. Goodbye."

I'm saying it back when the line clicks. I chuckle to myself. I believe she'll be able to cover up a murder like it's nothing.

When I enter the bedroom again, Sara is pushing her head further in the pillow. She hasn't fallen asleep yet.

Slowly getting on the bed, I sweep my palm up her arm. "Wanna cuddle?"

"Mhmm," she tries to open her eyes, but she shuts them back immediately.

I pull her to me, her arms squeezing around my neck. She buries her face in my neck and I hook her leg on my stomach.

With one arm, I run it up and down her back, with the other I softly massage her scalp, remembering she likes it when I do that. And this is the most I can do for now to alleviate her pain.

She falls asleep in my arms in under a minute.

🥃

I use the time she's deep in slumber to catch up on some work related stuff. I'm sitting on my couch, my laptop propped on my legs and my feet resting on the coffee table. It's close to three pm, and she's been sleeping for close to seven hours. I'm about to go check on her again when the soft sound of her feet greets me.

Putting the laptop away, I put my feet down on the ground and hold out my arms to her. She smiles at me before sitting on my lap and throwing her arms around my neck, burying her face in my neck.