Chapter 39.2. S

Sara

⚠️⚠️trigger warning ⚠️⚠️

This chapter contains sexual assault/harassment. I'll put this >⚠️< emoji when the scene starts and ends so if you're not comfortable reading it, you can skip it. At the end of this chapter I'll explain really vaguely what happened in case you want to have an idea of what happened. I'll use the same emoji before and after the "summary" so again, you know not to read it if you don't want to.

👑👑👑

After a shower and nap, I get dressed in something appropriate for a nightclub. Even though I'm not there to really party, I don't want to just go there in my jammies.

With an off the shoulder lavender dress, I enter the elevator. I catch my grin in the mirror.

I'm sure I'm going to keep my eyes only on Antonio and see him in his element while he's working.

As I descend lower in the elevator, the music gets louder. When the doors open, the sound of 'I See Red' by Everybody Loves An Outlaw is pumping hard. Girls are grinding in their short dresses, and guys have their hands all over them.

It makes me remember my college days; it feels like years ago since graduation, but it was a mere year ago.

The past few months with Antonio have been beyond amazing. And not just sexually. We've gotten to know each other better, how he's like in the morning—he's not much of a morning person either. How he gets ready for work, what's his go-to drink. I even know his workout routine now and what supplements he uses.

And I can't start about how he's like in bed. He knows my body better than I do. He knows when to push me harder and when I need a moment to catch my breath. I trust him with my body completely and wholly. I trust him with everything.

Antonio's body is easily spottable. He's so freaking tall. One would think he's a basketball player because of his height. His hair is styled back, haven grown a lot since I slept with him the first time. His left arm is almost completely covered with tattoos, giving him that mysterious look that I've come to the realization I'm a sucker for.

He's talking with a customer while shaking a tumbler. From the side of his face, I can tell his lips are stretched in a tiny smile. He's so beautiful. Inside and out.

My eyes fall on Jack next. He's busy seducing people—not surprising. We make eye contact as I near the end of the bar. He gives me a wink and, from thin air, presents me a shot glass filled with clear liquor. Lifting it in the air in a cheer, I drown it and pat him on his shoulder as I put it back on the counter.

When I'm standing behind Anton, he still hasn't noticed me, too absorbed in his tasks.

I wrap my arms around him and he tenses, but when he turns his face to me and sees me, he relaxes and tucks me under his arm.

"Finally!" He gives me a long and hard kiss. "I was wondering when you'd get here."

"Sorry," I smooth down his tie. "I did take a bath after all."

"Without me?" He feigns hurt.

"Tomorrow we'll take one together."

He steers me back from the counter to make space for his other bartenders.

"Have you talked to that investor?" I ask. "How did it go?"

"Yeah. But I still have to speak to him some more." The skin between his brows wrinkles a little, his mind probably thinking of ways to win him over.