Chapter 21. S

Sara

👑👑👑

After spending the entire night thinking about what went down between Antonio and me, I came to the realization that . . . nothing really happened.

I overreacted.

I now know he didn't mean what he said in a bad way.

Therefore, I'm currently walking to his club. In the middle of the day and in heels. I wanted to take my car, but I thought I'd use this time to prepare my apology speech.

When I reach his club, I have to double check I did actually arrive at the right address. The outside looking foreign in the daylight.

The front door also needs a code, so I try my luck and use the same one that I use when I go from the garage to the main level.

And it works!

With slightly trembling hands, I close the door behind me and punch in the code to lock it again, just in case.

What if he isn't here? Am I supposed to call him then? Ugh. What was I thinking? He's a freaking business man. Of course he'd be busy.

But since I'm already here, I walk to the stairs that take you lower, towards the dance floor and bar.

My heels make an obnoxious sound on the stone stairs, and I cringe.

His figure emerges from the break room after I've taken two steps. He watches me as I descend and I make extra efforts into not falling. That would be the end of me.

Letting go of the railing after the last step, I clasp my hands in front of me and walk closer to him.

"Hi," I murmur, a wave of shyness overcoming me.

"Hi," he puts his hands in the pockets of his pants.

He looks dashing in jeans and a black T-shirt, the most casual I've seen him. But before I let myself admire him more, I get to the point.

"I'm sorry," I rip the band-aid straight off. He looks shocked by my words, and slightly confused, too. "For last night. I don't know why I said that, I know you—"

"No." He says. No? No, what? From my expression, he explains. "I'm the one who should apologize. I realized a bit too late how rude that sounded. I didn't mean it in a bad way."

"I know," I assure him. "You're not gonna offer me anything to drink?" I smile at him and a relieved sigh leaves his lips. The tension in the air lessens and he motions me to the bar with a hand gesture.

We sit by the bar and have a drink together, talking about mundane and boring stuff. Both ignoring the elephant in the room. That is until he heaves a sigh and fully turns to me.

"Sara. We have to talk about us."

"Yeah," I mumble.

"Either you want me or you don't. You already know that I want you badly. Now it's your turn to say yes or no." His knuckles graze my knee. "But please say yes. You'll be doing the both of us a big favour."

I can't help but giggle at how confident he sounds.

"I want to say yes to you, but I'm . . ."

"Afraid?" He guesses.

"Yeah,"

"There's nothing for you to be afraid or nervous about. We've already slept together once, we know how compatible we are sexually. So why are we not acting on it?"

He's right. We're compatible more than just in bed. Where he's an extrovert, I'm an introvert. I'm a little shy, he's not. He's rugged and all hard edges, and I'm gentle and soft. Opposites attract as they say.

"If you agree to this, I'll give you the greatest pleasure you'd ever find. And we'll take it from there."

Why am I fighting the attraction between us? I won't fall in love with him. This fling will probably last a couple months—at least I can only hope it lasts this long—and then we each go our different ways. We'll definitely still pass each other as we have common friends, but that'll be a side effect I'm willing to accept.

I breathe in deeply, put my empty glass on the counter next to me and stare him dead in the eyes.

"Yes."

His eyes lighten. "Yes? Really?"

I giggle again, "Yes, really."

In fast-motion, he stands up, bends down and before I can question what he's doing; he throws me over his shoulder.

"Oh, my God. What are you doing?"

"I'm not letting you escape me this time."

We get inside the lift and I begin to get dizzy. "Put me down, please."

"No."

The cab moves upward. "Where would I escape to now?" I push on his back to lift myself, but he slaps my butt. "Seriously, put me down. I'm getting dizzy."

He complies and I hold on to his shoulder until I regain my balance again.

"I'll be spending the rest of the night between your thighs." He makes it sound as if it's a threat, but I'm counting on it.

When we eventually reach the top floor to his condo, he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around him.

Finally!