Chapter 20. S

Sara

👑👑👑

For the first time in my life, I'm having extreme difficulty choosing what to wear. Being close friends with a fashion designer has its advantages. For example, Izzy has helped me form my own style.

It's practical, but chic and with mostly neutral and pastel colors but when I'm going out, I add a vibrant color so it pops.

I don't want to disturb Izzy by calling her, but I eventually say fuck it and press the button.

After a couple of rings, she answers. "Hey, babe." Her voice is breathless, and I narrow my eyes.

"Hey, did I call at a wrong time?"

A beat passes. "Nah, it's okay." I hear some shuffling on her end of the call. "What's up?"

"Quick question, what should one wear to the club?" I ask, eyeing my closet.

"The sluttiest dress you have." Then I hear her humming and I get the suspicion she was preoccupied with something before my call. Or someone.

"Yeah that's really helpful, Izzy, thanks." I say sarcastically.

She laughs but says nothing back, which is unlike her. She's the most talkative person I know.

"Bella," I hear Luca's voice pretty close to the phone. Her boyfriend calls her Bella, unlike everyone else who calls her Izzy. And if anyone else calls her Bella, she corrects them, saying that only Luca is allowed to call her that.

"Just go back to your boyfriend." I chuckle.

"Wear the deep plunge red dress, you know which one I'm talking about."

Oh yes, I know.

"Sara," Luca's voice comes through my phone. "Sorry to interrupt, but I'm making love to my beautiful girlfriend right now, so you gotta call her later."

I can't help but laugh. "Okay, have fun."

Sighing at how much these two love each other and how I hope one day I'll have something remotely close to what they have, I take out the dress she recommended and hold it in front of me by the hanger. The neckline almost goes down to the belly button and is pretty wide to show more than enough cleavage. I've never worn it because I didn't have the courage or the occasion to wear it.

Having another "fuck it" moment, I put the dress on my bed, then go to my bathroom for a shower.

👑

Ticking in the code on the panel mounted near the buttons of the elevator, I suck in a shaky breath and swipe a hand through my curly hair. The length of the dress reaches just above my knees, making up for how revealing the front is.

Before I'm ready, the metal doors open at the ground level, revealing the busy club filled with bodies. It's Saturday and there's no place to even rotate on the dance floor.

I stay close to the elevator as my eyes quickly scan the area, searching for that familiar face. I catch a glimpse of him near a high table on the other side of the club. He's surrounded by a group of tipsy girls. They're smiling and eating him up with their eyes. And I can't blame them, he's a sight to admire.

"Damn, sexy," a voice that's a little familiar purrs in my ear. Turning my face toward him, I see Jack, the head bartender, standing behind me. "You have no right to look this good."

My confidence goes up ten notches from the way his eyes go up and down my figure. And I hope Antonio will have the same reaction.

"Thank you,"