Chapter Two

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴    𝑅 𝑂 𝑋 𝐸 𝐿 𝐿 𝐸    𝐷 𝑈 𝐵 𝑂 𝐼 𝑆

        "Mother, father, can I talk to you about something important? Please?" I asked, making myself known in the living room where they sat.

     "We are quite busy at the moment but we will talk about whatever it is over dinner," my mother said, looking up from the computer she was working with.

     "Um, yeah, yes that is fine," I said, she smiled and nodded before going back to work, "I think I might go to Annalise's house for a bit, do call me if I'm not back for dinner yet,"

      "Be careful darling," I heard my father say as I walked away. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I unlocked my car before sliding in and starting it. I looked in the rearview mirror as I backed out of my parking place in the driveway. As I pulled out of the driveway, I waved to the security guard my father keeps posted at the gates.

     It was a short drive to Annalise's house, I parked right beside her car before getting out. I walked up to the door and knocked, waiting for someone to open it. Before I knew it, her younger brother, Evan, was opening the door.

     "Liliana? What are you doing here?" he asked.

     "I need to talk to Annalise, it's important," I said nervously, he nodded and let me in. I rushed up to her room. I stopped at her door and knocked, just in case someone else was in there.

     "Come in," I heard. I opened the door and shut it before walking over to her bed and flopping down on it.

     "Ok what's the matter?" she asked, laying her phone down.

     "I have to wait until dinner to tell them that I'm moving to Italy," I said placing my arms over my face.

    "Did they not let you tell them this morning?" she asked furrowing her eyebrows.

    "They were busy, doing god knows what for their business," I said, sitting up and looking at her.

     "How do you think they are going to take the news?" she asked, laying on her side before looking at me.

     "They'll try to stop me from going, or throw a fit about their only daughter going to Italy," I stated, she nodded.

     "You are going there for school, they should be proud of that," she said.

     "I'm still not sure about the schooling, but I mainly want to leave here so I can get away from them," I said, "don't get me wrong I love my parents to death but I can only take so much before losing my sanity," she was about to answer but my phone rudely interrupted her. I pulled it out to see that it was father calling.

    "Hold that thought," I said before answering, "hello?"

    "Lili, we are getting ready to head to Le Violon d'Ingres," he said, "are you meeting us there or should we pick you up?"

     "No, no I'll meet you there. I'll see you in a moment, love you bye," I said. He said his bye and hung up. I turned to Annalise and sighed.

     "I'm sorry but they are leaving now," I said walking over to her to hug her.

"It's ok, good luck, and I love you," she teased, I laughed and walked over to her door.

    "I'm going to need it," I said, "love you too,". With that, I headed downstairs and out to my car. As I pulled out of the driveway, I turned on relaxing music knowing that this dinner might not end well. I tried to release the stress that was already building up before I pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant.
I locked my door and made my way up to the door. I walked inside and saw my parents already seated. I made my way over to them and sat across from them.

      "I hope you don't mind but we already ordered your food for you," mother said with a kind smile.

     "Thank you," I said returning the smile.

     "So, what is it that you wanted to talk to us about?" father asked, acting interested.

    "Oh, um," I stumbled on my words for a second, "I was accepted to a culinary school in Sicily, Italy,"

      "Well that's fantastic, but didn't we already decide that you were going to school here in Paris," mother said sipping on her wine.

    "No, that what you guys decided on. I decided on going to Italy," I mumbled.

    "What was that?" father asked, I couldn't read his facial expression.

     "Nothing," I said as nicely as possible,

     "No what did you say?" he asked, this time sounding mad. He's going to blow this out of portion. I looked down and fiddled with my fingers. His anger always gets the best of him.

     "Liliana Roxelle, what did you say?" he asked.

     "Hugo, calm down," mother said, looking at him

      "I won't ask again, now what did you say?"  he asked, I could feel some tears prickling my eyes.

    "I said, that I'm going to Italy," I said lowly.

    "Italy? Yeah no, you're not going to Italy," he said as if it was a joke.

      "I'm twenty-three, dad, I let you all convince me to stay in the house with you, but I'm getting tired of it. I want to go on by myself," I said, letting a few tears roll down my face.

     "I don't care how old you are, you will not go to Italy. I'm am your father and you will listen to me," he said catching everyone's attention.

     "I've let you control my life for as long as I can remember! I am done, I want to be my own person, make my own choices without you making me doubt myself!" I said with hot tears rolling down my face.

      "Liliana!" mother shouted in shock.

      "You all have sheltered me my whole life, told me how I am supposed to dress, how to act, and controlled who I was allowed to be around. I want to live and experience life without you controlling me," I said, completely ignoring mother.

     I stood up and threw my napkin on the table before rushing out of the restaurant only to run into someone.