Chapter Forty-Six

I sat in the chair as Cami's sister, Josie, did my makeup. This morning I met some more of Luciano's family that were woman which was nice.

      "Almost done, sweetie," Josie said. I hummed and closed my eyes as she worked on the eyeshadow. I cracked one open as the door opened. Camille walked back inside of the room, I could tell she was upset.

      "What's wrong?" I asked opening my eyes and looking over at her.

      "Oh nothing sweetie, it's just you look so beautiful," she said drying her eyes. She started my hair as Josie moved onto my lips. Once she was done, she smiled at her artwork.

      "You look beautiful, even though you were beautiful before I put all of this on you," she said. I blushed and thanked her. Cami patted my shoulder as she finished, I looked over in the mirror was pleased with what I saw staring back at me.

      My hair in a low loose bun with pearls in the bun part and the makeup was to die for. It was a nude look which I was thankful for because I don't like wearing bright or dark colors all the time.

      "Alright time to get in the dress," they said clapping their hands. I smiled and hopped out of the chair, I made my way to the closet where I hid my dress from everyone. I pulled it out of the bag and showed them. My dress was a simple mermaid off the shoulder court train tulle lace dress. Camille had tears in her eyes.

      "Let's get it on you," she said. I nodded and took off my robe before sliding into the dress. I turned around so they could zip it up for me. I turned around to face them.

      "Liliana, you look outstanding in that dress," Josie said smiling. I thanked her, Cami was quiet but was smiling. There was definitely something going on that I didn't know about, but I wasn't going to push anyone to tell me. If they wanted me to know they would've told me already.

      "Come one let's get to the venue," Josie said, we nodded and grabbed everything else that we would need for the wedding. As we drove to the venue, I sat in the middle of the sisters.

      "So how's peanut doing?" Cami asked.

       "They are being good this morning, I got all my sickness out this morning," I said smiling at her, "I can't wait to meet them though,"

      "I can't wait either, my first grand baby," she said, placing a hand on my belly. Normally I would be weirded out but it's Camille so I could care less.
Once we hit the end of the driveway for the venue, Josie and Cam walked to their seats leaving me with Enzo who was standing by one of the main bushes. I grabbed my flowers and walked over to him, smiling causing him to smile back.

      "Are you ready?" he asked, I nodded.

      "As ready as I can be," I said, he smiled and we waited for their little cousin, Rosie, to make it up to the alter as she threw the rose petals down. I noticed Salvatore give us a thumbs up meaning it was good for us to start walking.

      "Don't let me fall, I don't know how good I can walk in heels on gravel," I whispered.

      "If you fall, it will be great for blackmailing you," he whispered back.

       "Whatever you say momma's boy," I whispered smirking.

      "I thought we agreed to never bring that up again," he whined quietly.

     "No we agreed I wouldn't bring that up in front of all of the family, I never said anything about bring it up when it was just the two of us," I said smiling as we past family members. Finally we hit the alter, Enzo took my hand in his and handed it to Luciano who gladly took my hand.

      Enzo patted his shoulder and stood behind him as the priest started talking. I smiled as I looked up at Luciano who stared back at me. Sometimes he would look over my shoulder or behind me, I knew he was just making sure no one was going to interrupt so I didn't say anything.  Alex handed Luciano my ring and Josie's daughter, Meghan, handed me Luciano's ring.

     I let Luca slip my ring on first before I did his, as we were going to say our vows, the sound of machine guns going off started. I was tackled to the ground by Enzo, he shielded my body with his. Once the guns stopped, Enzo lifted his body off of mine. I sat up and looked around for Luciano who I found a second later.

      "Luciano?" I asked as I felt my world slowly stopping. His body laid in a pool of blood. I tried to run to him to check on him but Salvatore held me back as Enzo walked over to him. I screamed as I saw Enzo shake his head, looking at Salvatore.

      "No! No! He can't be," I cried, "please...please, he can't...he can't leave me," Salvatore's grip loosened on me letting me get out of his hold and rush for Luciano who laid there not moving.

     I grabbed his hand, it was cold. I sobbed as I rocked and held his hand refusing to let go. He wasn't supposed to leave me, leave our baby. Enzo slowly pulled me away with tears in his eyes as well, he pulled me away from the sight in front of me. He sat me down in a chair and I watched as Dom made calls while looking down at Luciano with tears of his own.

     Soon enough, there were people here to take his body away. I cried as I watched him go, I can't explain the pain I feel. I saw Camille standing away from the scene crying to herself. I got up and walked over to her, not wanting her to be alone. Once she noticed me, I pulled her into a hug and we cried into each others shoulders.

      "It...it hurts, mom," I said holding onto her. I felt her start stroking my hair.

       "I know baby," she said, "he loved you so much,"

      "Not as much as he loved you," I said looking up at her, she let more tears fall as she held me close.

      "I had talked to him before the wedding," she said, "I had a gut feeling, I brought it up to him. He knew something like this would happen, but wouldn't cancel the wedding because this was his way of protecting you and the baby," Before I could reply, Leon walked over to us.

       "The Costello's won't be a problem anymore," he said looking down, I could tell he didn't know what else to say. So I pulled him into a hug. We stayed like that for a moment before he had to go. Enzo led Cami and I back to the car where we started the drive back to the house that was full of memories of Luca. None of us said a word, the only sound you could hear during the car ride was our sniffles.