Chapter Thirty-Five

𝐴 𝑁 𝑁 𝐴 𝐿 𝐼 𝑆 𝐸

       I turned to Evan as everyone left the room. He was still staring at where Enzo was standing. I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at him, he snapped his head over at me and glared.

     "What was that for?" he asked.

      "You were staring at where Enzo was and it was creepy," I said, "plus Liliana is so clueless. She doesn't even suspect that the boat party is for,"

      "Don't finish that sentence, she could be anywhere," Evan said cutting me off.

     "Right," I said, "now let's go find Lili and something to eat then we can unpack later," he nodded and followed me out of the room.

       I kid you not, this place is huge. I think I've been taking us in circles this whole time. I rounded another corner with Evan complaining behind me. I looked around and sighed, we were back at the room.

     "Anna, I hate to tell you this but we are LOST," he said raising his voice as he said 'lost'.

      "You think I don't know that," I said, "I'm calling Liliana," Evan rolled his eyes and mumbled something under his breath. I waited for her to pick up, which felt like forever.

       "Hello," she said.

      "Hey Lili, can you come to the room and take to the kitchen?" I asked feeling stupid for even asking.

    "Yeah sure," she said, "did you guys get lost?"

     "Lost would be an understatement," Evan said into the phone. I smacked him away causing him to stick his tongue out at me. Liliana laughed and I heard her close a door to whatever room she was in.

    "Alright I'll be there in a few seconds," she said before hanging up on me. Rude, I thought as I placed my phone back in my back pocket. Soon enough, she came around the corner and smiled at us.

     "I don't know how you get around here," I said following her to the kitchen.

      "You get used to it after a while," she said, "Camille, Luca's and Enzo's mom, made Spicy Tomato Skillet Eggs,"

     "Spicy tomato skillet eggs?" I asked confused, she nodded and smiled.

       "Cami makes the best food, I don't know exactly what's in it but you'll love it," she said, she seems happy here. It makes me happy to know she's happy. As long as Luciano treats her the way she deserves to be treated, I'll be happy for her. We walked into the dining room where everyone was seated. There was only a few of us in the dining room, I sat beside Lili and Evan was beside me and Enzo.

    "So Annalise and Evan, how long have you know Liliana?" Camille asked as we started eating.

    "I met Liliana in kindergarten and then a couple year later I let her met Evan," I said answering. Evan nodded as his mouth was full. She nodded and took a bite.

     "What was she like as a teenager?" She asked, I looked at Liliana who had wide eyes and Luciano was grinning.

     "This sweet precious over here is so far from being innocent," I started causing Lili to groan, "in high school we were pot heads and kind of drinkers,"

      "She would pay our teachers to give us A's, we would skip and smoke on the field or the woods. We would go to all the parties, we'd play perfect children in front of her parents," I said, "but we quit all of that in our senior year. Only because this guy we used to call...oh god what was his name?"

     "Rat Snitch Ryan The Good Time Ruiner," both Lili and Evan said. Luciano grinned even harder, he must have heard this story before.

     "Right, Rat Snitch Ryan The Good Time Ruiner caught onto what we were doing and told Lilianas parents," I said.

     "Yeah I had lie my butt off to get out of trouble on that one," Lili grumbled.

    "You all don't strike me as someone who smoked weed," Camille said as she took another bite of her delicious food, "I can't say much though, I did some...bad things in high school too,"

      "Oh please do tell," Salvatore said smirking.