Chapter Five

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

       I laid my head on his shoulder. It was a comfortable silence, we didn't speak just looked at the water. I sighed and shifted my body to where my back was on his side.

      "Liliana, come on," Luciano said, getting up and walking over to the railing. I stood up and walked over to him, he pointed over to what appeared to be a black silhouette of something. I squinted my eyes trying to see whatever it was I was looking at.

      "I know it's kinda hard to see in the dark but it's Sicily," he said, explaining. I slowly nodded and sighed knowing it'll probably be a bit before I see Luciano again. I heard someone yelling from a distance. I turned around confused and just stared confused.

      "Luciano!" they said, moving closer, "we have been looking for you all over the place,"

     "Now you found me, what do you want? A cookie?" Luciano asked rolling his eyes. He sounded annoyed before turning back towards the water.

     "Who's this?" they asked, "a random hook-up?"

     "Excuse me?" I asked even more confused, "Is that  what am I to you?"

     "No! No, don't listen to Davidlee," Luciano said, sounding, even more, angrier than before, "and don't you ever disrespect her ever again,"

     "Well that's what most women are to you," this Davidlee dude mumbled, I thought Luciano's neck was going to snap at how fast he turned it towards Mateo.

     "If I were you, I would watch who you are talking to," Luciano growled. I jumped at the sudden aggressiveness. Suddenly Enzo, the one who grabbed my arm back at the restaurant, appeared out of nowhere.

     "Why? Boss-man can't bare the sound of the truth? You are just some screw-up that your daddy feels bad for," Davidlee said.

      "I don't know where this is coming from because this isn't the Davidlee I was with this morning or for the last fifteen years," Luciano said, "Enzo, take Lili to the car and wait there for me,"

      Enzo didn't argue, just did what he was told to do and I didn't try and stop him. Honestly, I wanted away from the side of Luciano I was seeing. If looks could kill, that Davidlee dude would've died.

      "You can sit in the back," Enzo said before jumping in the passenger seat.

     "Is he normally like this? Luciano?" I asked, "one moment he was calm, and then the next he looked like he was going to rip off that Davidlee guy's head,"

      "Luciano is a cold man, that's how he was raised. You should be glad he isn't cold to you," Enzo said, leaning back in the seat.

     "How do you know him?" I asked.

     "What is this? An interview?" he asked, "but to answer your question, he's my older brother,"

    "That's what I was leaning towards, you all have a lot of similar features," I said before laying my head on the window. 

     "I'm clearly the handsome brother though, right?" He said, cocking an eyebrow up.

      "No comment," I said, fidgeting with my fingers.

    "Luciano is a handful," he stated, at times he is cold and heartless but not going to lie I'm surprised you still have your head on your shoulders. Because if someone else had run into him he would've had their head on a silver plater,"

    "For someone who runs a gun range, a bank, and a pharmacy, that's a bit much don't you think," I said furrowing my eyebrows looking up to face him.

      "Wh-oh yeah, yeah. It's just a metaphor that we just to explain how serious he is about this um work field," he said shaking his head. I nodded and jumped when the door was ripped open. I turned to see Luciano standing there with his hair all over the place.

      "What happened to you?" I asked, noticing the cut on his lip and his knuckles that were busted.

     "Catfight," he said before turning to Enzo, "I'm going to ride with her," Enzo stared at him confused before nodding. Luciano grabbed my hand and took me over to my car.

      "You should let me clean those cuts of yours, you don't want them to get infected," I said getting into my car.

      "It's fine, I'll clean them when I get to my house," he said, "I'm going to direct you to a hotel, you can stay there until you find a place to live," I hesitated to nod but finally brought myself to do it.

    "How will you get home?" I asked. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

     "My driver has to make a pit stop before heading to my house, so I'll have him pick me up," he said, leaned back, and closed his eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but thought against it, so I shut it and turned my attention back to what was happening around me. The ferry was getting closer to the dock which I was grateful for. Soon I can be in a hotel bed and finally sleep.