Chapter Thirty-Six

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

    I waved to the girls as they left and then rushed back inside. I walked up to my office and stared at the men in front of me. Salvatore, Alex, Domenico, Enzo, Xavier, Ricco, and Leon all sat in front of me on the couch and chairs.

     "Alright," I said, "today is Friday, the girls are shopping. You all had the boat cleaned, now today I need you all to go put up the decorations,"

    "Are they on the boat or do we need to pick them up?" Xavier asked.

     "They are on the boat, in the storage closet," I said, "now I'm going to go pick up the ring and through the RSVP's," they all nodded and left the room.  I followed them out but went the other direction. I grabbed a random set of keys and walked outside. Getting into the car, I drove off to my family's personal jeweler.  The ride was silent which left me in my thoughts. What if she suddenly hates me? Or what if she's suddenly lesbian? I mean I wouldn't care if she was.

      I pulled at my hair before turning on the radio to drown out my thoughts. I pulled into the parking lot, I sighed before getting out. I can only hope she'll like this. I opened the front door and made my way up to the counter.

      "Ah, Mr Langello. Here to pick up your ring?" the owner asked.

     "Yes, sir," I said with a small nod. He gave a small smile before walking into the back. As I waited, I looked at the other pieces of jewelry he had in the cases. I looked up when I heard him coming back.

     "Alrighty, this ring is a three stone trapezoid sidestone diamond engagement ring with a 18K rose gold band. 1 carat diamonds evenly split between two trapezoid side stones that pair beautifully with your rounded diamond that has a 3.02 carat," he said pulling it out of the box, "size 6," I gently took the ring out of his hand to examine it.

     "How much do I owe you?" I asked looking up from the ring.

    "44,271.00 plus tax, so 44,927.26," he said pulling out his calculator. I nodded and pulled out my card. I handed it to him, he nodded and swiped it. Handing me the receipt and the ring in the original box, he went to the next customer.

     I pulled out my phone and called momma to figure out where they were and what time they would be home. Luckily they were still looking at outfits because apparently no one could find a 'cute' outfit. I started my car and started the drive to the boat.

     Putting the ring in glove box, I got out and walked over to the docks. I could see everyone working on getting everything put together. I carefully stepped onto the boat and walked up to the Enzo and Domenico.

     "How is everything looking?" I asked put my hands in my pockets.

    "We are getting there, we had a few hiccups in the beginning but we fixed the problems," Dom said before turning back to taping the balloons down.

    "Hiccups? Salvatore tried to rip your head off because you said that Olaf wasn't the best Disney character," Enzo said, stopping what he was doing to turn and face us.

     "It's true, the best character is Genie," Dom said  looking offended.

     "We are mafia men and you all are agruing about who the best Disney character is," I said looking at them.

    "Because Olaf is the best character and he knows it but he refuses to admit it," Salvatore shouted walking over to us.

    "Chill out, Olaf is the best character we get it," Enzo said holding his hands up. Salvatore slowly nodded and walked away glaring at us. I shook my head and walked around the boat to see what they had gotten done.They almost had everything done, and I was about to help when Liliana called me.

     "Yes, love?" I asked.

     "Luca, you have to either come here or send someone here asap," she said into the phone. I could hear them running and gunshots, causing me to jump up.

    "What is going?" I asked trying to find my keys.

     "One minute we were laughing looking for clothes the next we are being chased and shot at," she shouted into the phone, "no go that way,"

    "Ok, I'm on my way. Try and find somewhere to hide with everyone, in your purse is a mini pistol I hid in there so use that if needed until I get there," I said running towards my car.

    "Why did you," was all she got out before I hung up on her. Now was not the time to be lecturing me, I peeled out of the gravel drive and started the drive to the mall they were at. I looked in the rearview mirror to see that Enzo and Salvatore were following me.

    Once we made it to the mall, there was hundreds of people standing around the parking lot talking to each other and continuously looking at the front doors. I didn't bother to park the car. I ran up front, gun in hand and pushed my way through before kicking the door open.

    "I'll go this way, Enzo you go that way, and Luciano you go the other way," Salvatore said going in his direction. I went the way he pointed to and kicked down every door that was shut. I looked forward to see a man dressed in black walk around. I went into one of the rooms and looked at him once more before shooting him.

     As soon as his body hit the ground, I made my way over to him and took off his mask. On his neck was a Costello marking, I clenched my fist together. We checked that whole building how is there more of them, unless they knew that we were going to wipe out their entire warehouse. Figuring out their game plan, I get up and walk over to the nearest wall.

    I placed my head on the wall and punched it several times before regaining my posture. I continued to walk around the mall until I met back up with Enzo who had the girls following behind him. Liliana ran up to me, crushing me into a hug. I looked up at Enzo who was giving me the same look I was giving him. He nodded understanding that we all minus the girls needed to talk.

    "Did you kill them?" mom asked, looking around her. Annalise was attached to her hip.

     "Yeah, we killed them," I said. She nodded and hugged Anna back, causing Lili to move over to them. I motion for Enzo to come over to where I was.

     "Go somewhere away from the girls and call some people to get the body's so we can look at them," I whispered into his ear causing him to nod and walk away while Liliana looked at me confused. I shook my head causing her to nod and turn back to momma. Soon Salvatore came running back to us, he was about to start talking but I shook my head and then nodded to the girls.

     "Salvatore, go get Enzo's keys and bring them to mom," I said, causing him to nod and go over to Enzo. Liliana peeled away from mom and made her way back over to me.

     "Are you going to tell what you guys keep whispering about?" she asked putting her arms around my neck. I pulled her close and looked her in the eyes.

     "It's nothing important, I promise. It's just business things," I said.

     "Business things you can or can't tell me?" she asked laying her head on my chest.

    "Can't because it's nothing of importance," I said, lying through my teeth. She hummed and nodded, Sal came back with the keys.

    "Mom, why don't you take Lorenzo's car and go home with Lili and Anna?" I suggested, looking at her.

     "Yeah, ok," she said, "come on girls. Let's go get something to eat," I watched them leave and I watched Alex, Xavier, Ricco and Leon walk in with some other members.

   "Alright what's going on?" Alex asked leaning on one of the walls.

     "The men that attacked had a Costello marking on their neck," I said running my hands over my face, "their planning something and I have a feeling something bad is going to happen soon. So here's what our plans are,"