Chapter Twelve

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

I knocked on the door, hearing a quiet "come in" before walking into the room. I shut the door gently and walked over to the chair beside her bed. It was silent for a while before she spoke up.

"Thank you," she mumbled.

"You're welcome," I said crossing my arms.

"Luc-Langello, I also wanted to tell you that I can promise you that I had no idea about my dad being the Leader of the French Mafia," she said leaning her head back on the pillow.

"That's what Enzo has been saying," I said sighing. She stayed quiet for a minute.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking over at her for the first time.

"What do you have to be sorry about?" she asked.

"Not giving you a chance to really explain yourself, I just assumed that you were in with your father and that him chasing you was a trick," I said.

"You were just doing what you thought was best for you," she said.

"No, it was wrong. I should've given you a chance to explain your side of the story instead of taking the highway and just knocking you out," I said, slowly raising my voice, "you should be mad at me and shouting at me for hurting you and taking you without your consent,"

"It's ok, honestly, I'm not mad," she said before coughing. I grabbed her the cup of water beside her bed. She thanked me and took a sip.

"You're aren't wrong, I should be mad but that's not who I am, I forgive too easily," she said, "can I have a banana please?" I nodded and pulled out my phone and texted Dom for a banana.

"One of my men will bring it up," I said shutting my phone back off, "so you're diabetic?"

"That's what the doctors say but I don't have all of the diabetic symptoms, my mother was a nurse and says that its blood pressure problems. I don't have a clue, to be honest," she said with a small laugh. I smiled, I went to say something but Domenico barged in with a banana in his hand.

"Thanks, Domenico," I said taking the banana and handing it to Liliana who thanked us both. I got up to leave with Dom but Lili grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Stay with me please," she said. I nodded and sat back down. We stayed up talking about random things before she fell asleep. I slowly and quietly made my way out of the bedroom and out to the hallway. I straighten my blazer and walked downstairs.

"Alex," I said nodding as I passed him. He nodded back and opened the gate causing it to buzz. I walked through and went straight to Hugo's cell.

"Great another visit from another Langello," he said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm pleased to see you too Hugo," I said snorting.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"Nothing just came to see my favorite prisoner," I said with no emotion. That caused him to laugh and roll his eyes again.

"If you keep rolling your eyes, you might find your brain back there," I said, taking a seat in front of him.

"Watch it," he snapped, "how's my daughter? I haven't heard about her,"

"She's awake," I said, "I don't know why you care. She's told me about life back home with you,"

"Just because I'm strict with her life doesn't mean I don't love her," he said.

"I find that hard to believe because you know what they say, if you love it, let it go," I said crossing my arms.

"Yeah no," he said simply. I got up and walked out of the room, feeling done with him. I walked up to Alex and leaned into his ear.

"Knock him out and ship him off somewhere. Make sure he doesn't know where," I said before walking off. I made my way back to Liliana's room where she was still sleeping, peacefully. It made a smile creep its way onto my face. Which I quickly wiped off. Even though I should've stayed mad at her and shouldn't have caved into her so fast I can't help but feel something for her and it scares me.

I don't want her to get hurt and in my world, she'll definitely get hurt and I can't stand that thought. She is so innocent to this world, she would break and shatter. But I would be there to pick up her pieces and place them in the right places as good as I can.

I watched her as she stirred around in her sleep. I looked away once she stopped moving so much. I pulled out my phone and texted my mother. She told me that she was doing better and that Arturo was recovering which I didn't care about. That man really doesn't mean that much to me.

"Luciano? Is that you?" I heard from beside me. I looked over to see Lili slowly opening her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm here, do you need anything?" I asked. She shook her head and sitting up. I nodded and wrapped up my conversation with momma.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked.

"Mi momma, (my mom)," I said.

"Speaking of mom's, do you know where my phone is?" Lili asked looking around for it.

"Yeah, it's down in my office," I said.

"What is it doing there?" she asked confused.

"Might have needed it for evidence," I mumbled before walking out of the room to go grab it. I heard something under her breath as I shut the door before I shut the door.

"Is she still sleeping or did she wake up from her power nap?" Enzo asked following me into my office.

"Yeah she's up, why are you following me?" I asked.

"Because you are keeping my best friend company, and I want to see her so," he said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her phone from the bottom drawer.

"Whatever come with me then," I said, we walked out and went back to her room. I knocked before walking in.

"Hey, " she said sipping on her cup of water, "oh hi Enzo,"

"Hey Lil," he said walking farther into the room. She smiled and I handed her her phone.

"Thank you," she said powering it on. It was soon flooded with calls from some girl named Annalise, some dude named Evan, and her mother. She clicked on one of them and started talking to them, I'm guessing it's her mother by the way she was speaking to them.

"So what did you do with her father? I noticed he wasn't here when I went downstairs a couple of minutes ago?" Enzo whispered as we leaned against the wall.

"I had Alex send him somewhere, he is going to tell me when he is done," I said, looking at Liliana.

"You know you have feelings for her, you just won't admit it to anyone," he said. I rolled my eyes at the mention of this conversation, I don't know how many times I have to have this talk.

"Like I've said once before if I do it's certainly not any of your business," I said earning a scoff from him.

"Just admit it, when you had her down in the basement it killed you being so mean to her. It killed you that you had caused her a little bit of pain," he said, he wasn't wrong but would I ever say it to him? No.

"It's. None. Of. Your. Business. Enzo," I growled, bumping shoulders with him before sitting down in my previous seat beside Lili.