Chapter Forty

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

      The next morning, Liliana wasn't in bed.  Instead she was on the upper deck watching the waves. I leaned against the wall and watched her. I can't believe that she'll be my wife, I just hope I'm here to soak it up.

    "Staring is rude," she said not turning around.

     "I'm gazing, it's romantic," I said chuckling. She shook her head and turned around.

     "Sure staring at the back of my head is romantic," she said making her way over to me.

     "Good morning, darling," I said kissing her cheek.

    "So I'm a darling now?" She asked smirking.

    "You, my future wife, are my angel, my darling, the only gorgeous, beautiful woman I've ever seen walk this planet," I said pulling her in for a big bear hug.

     "I'm hungry," she whispered into my ear.

    "When aren't you hungry," I said laughing.

    "Just for that you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight," she said pushing away from me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

    "Let's go back to the house and eat with everyone," I said, "I'm sorry,"

    "Apology...depending, and forgiveness...denied," she said before walking away from me. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed her to the car.

    "Why is your forgiveness denied?" I asked, sliding into the driver seat.

     "Because," she said before looking out the window. I stared at her for a minute before starting the drive. Once we made it to the house, Lili raced in. Leaving me in the car, I shook my head and got out. I walked up to the door and tried to open it. Locked, this girl I swear.

     "Liliana! Unlock the door!" I shouted as I banged on the door. I heard the locks unlocking and instead of Liliana opening the door, Salvatore opened it. He stood in front of me confused, eating toast.

     "Where is she?" I asked looking him dead in the eyes.

     "Lili? In the kitchen eating," he said, "hey why were you checking your butt for pimples in the car?"

    "Huh?" I asked confused walking into the house.

     "Liliana said that you would be a moment that you were" he said before I cut him off with my hand.

     "Don't finish that sentence," I said pointing at him. He nodded and followed me to the dinning room where everyone was sitting. Once I entered the room, everyone looked up and tried to hold in their laughter. I spotted Liliana sitting beside my mother and Evan. I marched up to her and pulled her chair out making her drop parts of her egg.

      "Well now your really sleeping on the couch," she said looking up at me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

      "What you did was not cool man not cool," I said trying to sound like a teen boy.

      "Oops," she said smiling, she turned back around and continued to eat. I stared at her in disbelief, where is all of this coming from. I took a seat beside Enzo and Alex, Enzo nudged me with his shoulder making me look over at him.

      "We need to talk after breakfast," he said, I nodded and started eating what was in front of me. I watched Lili as she talked to mom and Evan. To be honest, I think mom loves Lili more than she loves me and Enzo combined. Once Enzo and I were done eating, we headed upstairs to my study/office.

     "The Costello's plan on attacking us on your wedding," he said as he shut the door.

     "We just got engaged, how would they attack the wedding when they don't know when it is?" I asked, "unless they are preparing for when the date is set"

     "I've placed a mole in their base," he said sitting in front of my desk, "I got information that once the date is set is when they will start little attacks before the big attack,"

     "How little are we talking about?" I asked looking over at him.

     "Little things that we wouldn't assume anything or think that it would lead to anything big," he said answering my question. I was about to speak before the door was ripped open. Our heads snapped over to see it was only Salvatore and Domenico.

     "You are forgetting people that are apart of this as well," Sal said as he sat down on the couch. I waved him off before turning back to Enzo.

     "Do you know who is their main target?" I asked.

     "As of right now, they want your head considering that you killed both of their leaders," Enzo said, "but it could change back to Liliana by the time the wedding rolls around" I nodded and thought for a second.

     "Alright, when Lili picks out her dress or designs it, I want the dress made out of bulletproof material," I said.

     "Is that even possible?" Dom asked looking over at us.

     "I'm not sure but I want to see if it, so I'll ask our good friend Racheal who makes our suits about it," I said, "on the wedding everyone will be wearing bulletproof vase, multiple guns hidden from plain sight,"

    "If they attack with machine gun or any type of gun, Liliana is the first person you shield from bullets. If they have snipers, she goes under anyone she is near. If it's a bomb, get her out of there if you can," I said looking at them, "now day of, I'll explain that to everyone else,"

      "What about you boss?" Dom asked.

      "Don't worry about me," I said, "I have a feeling that I will be either the first person down or they will try and make me the first person down,"

      "I have a plan though and I need you all to make sure that Liliana never finds out about this," I said staring them down. They nodded and listened carefully as I told them my plan. 

      I walked out of my office in a different mood than I was in when I first got to the house. I walked around until I heard Lili and someone else in the living room. I walked in and saw her talking to Evan.

     "There you are," she said standing up and walking over to me, "we were getting worried that you ran away,"

      "I was just talking to Enzo, Dom, and Sal about somethings," I said before taking a seat on the couch. She sat beside me and Evan just turned the chair around to face us. They went back to talking and I just laid my head back, I tuned out their conversation as I analyzed my plan over and over again. There can not be a single mistake in it or it could get messed up.

      I zoned back in when I felt someone tapping my leg. I looked around seeing that Liliana and Evan were staring at me weirdly.

     "Are you ok, Luca?" She asked, looking around my face.

     "Yeah I'm fine," I said, nodding even though she didn't look convinced.

      "Are you sure? I thought you were dead or something, you were just staring at the ceiling. Not moving and it barely looked like you were breathing," Evan said.

     "No yeah, I'm good," I said, giving them a small smile.

     "Whatever you say, mister," Liliana said before going back to her conversation with Evan, and I went back to my original position.