Chapter Forty-One

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

      It's been a month since Luca proposed, and since then Camille and I have been planned everything for this wedding. We already picked a date which is in four weeks, the colors were picked out, invitations were sent out, tuxes and dresses made and ready, flowers picked out, and decorations were shipped out to the house.

         Camille thought that the sooner that we got everything done, the sooner we can relax and not worry too much. Plus she had hired a wedding planner who had done a quarter of the work while we did the rest. I had the venue picked out, which was this beautiful field that had different types of flowers and the perfect gazebo for Luca and I to say our vows at. Then the after party will be at one of Luciano's hotels that has a huge ball room. Four days before the wedding, we are going to have a team that decorates come and put together the ballroom for us.

        "Lili, why don't you go and take a nap? You look tired," I heard coming from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Cami standing there with a cup of coffee.

        "I will once I finish this..." I started to say but I was cut off by me running to the bathroom. I held my hair to the side as I felt my lunch come up. I should've known not to get pasta, it hasn't been agreeing with me for the past couple of weeks. Once I was done, I wipe my mouth with a tissue and rinsed my mouth out.

       I walked back out to Camille who was pointing to the stairs, mentally telling me that I need to go lay down. I sighed and hugged her goodnight before walking up the stairs to Luca's and I's bedroom. I could hear him in the shower, so I changed into some more comfortable clothes before slipping into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

      When I woke up, it was night time. I sighed and got up stretching my bones, before walking into the bathroom to do my business. I washed my hands and dried them off, I shut the light off and walked out of the room. I held onto the rail as I walked down the stairs. I made my way into the kitchen feeling a little hungry. I grabbed all the ingredients that I would need to make some chicken noodle soup.

       As I was in the process of put water in the pot, I was pulled away from the stove. I turned my head to see Luciano and Enzo. Luca sat me down on one of the chairs as he and Enzo started making my soup.

      "You know I can make that myself right?" I asked looking at them.

      "Not while you aren't feeling good," Enzo said looking over at me, "this is why you have Luciano and I, we can do this for you,"

       "Don't you guys have jobs?" I asked raising an eyebrow at them.

        "Work can wait, darling," Luciano said turning to face me for a second before turning back to the pot that held my almost ready soup. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on my arms as I watched both of the men make my soup that would've been done by now if I made it myself.

     I thanked them as soon as they handed my bowl, they sat in front of me eating the same thing.

       "So do you know what it is that you have?" Enzo asked sipping on his soup.

      "No, but I've thrown up for the past two weeks," I said, "I believe it's a stomach bug or the flu. I might go to the doctors tomorrow and see what's going on,"

       "Do you want me to go with you?" Luca asked, I shook my head.

        "No, besides you have work to do tomorrow and I believe you have a meeting with someone," I said looking over at him.

       "I completely forgot about that meeting," he said nodding, "well will you take someone with you?"

       "I'll probably ask him to come here and meet me in the medical room we have here depending on how I'm feeling," I said, eating another spoonful. He sighed but nodded knowing that I was going to get my way. He took my bowl as I finished and washed it before we told Enzo goodnight. I walked into the bathroom and started to brush my teeth. Once done, I walked into our closet, I grabbed one of my t-shirts and shorts. As I was changing, I looked into the mirror and noticed I kind of looked bloated.

        I shrugged it off knowing I am supposed to start my period soon anyways. I made my way to our bed and slid into my side. I fluffed up my pillow up some before turning to face Luciano who was still sitting on the edge of the bed with his head down. I didn't bother him, knowing he was saying his prayer. He does this every night before bed, he says he sleeps better when he does. I get it especially if you were him and had all the enemies he did. Once he was done, he laid down and turned towards me.

      "Good night, Lili," he mumbled as he pulled me into his chest. I mumbled him a small good night as well before closing my eyes.

      That night, I had a very vivid nightmare. It was our wedding day, but everyone was dead besides me. I had watched them all die one by one and couldn't do anything about it. And when it got to Luciano, I could feel my heart shatter into millions of pieces. I shot up from my spot on the bed, screaming and crying like no tomorrow.

      Luciano woke up instantly and tried to get me to talk about it so he could figure out how to soothe me but I refused to repeat what I had dreamt. I just buried myself into his chest and held onto him as if I would lose him like I did in the dream. It felt so real and the scary thing is that, that could actually happen in this life.