Chapter Fifteen

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

    I let Luciano into my room and watched him walk over to the bed. He sat down on the side of the bed.

     "Do you mind if I stay in here with you for a little bit?" he asked, looking up at me.

     "I don't mind, do you want to watch a movie?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and moved up to the top of the bed, taking his blazer off. I followed pursuit, of course not taking off a blazer because I wasn't wearing one. I laid beside him and grabbed the remote.

     "Do you have anything in mind that you would like to watch?" I asked.

     "I'm ok watching whatever you wanna watch," he said, placing his arm around my shoulder. It may have been a small gesture but it made my heart flutter. I nodded and then just selected a random movie. By the end of it, I was a little tired but still wide awake.

     "Luca, can you promise me something?" I asked, staring at the tv that was playing the end credits.

    "Yes," he said, I could feel him looking at me.

     "If I don't make it," I said before he cut me off.

     "You are going to make it through this," he said sternly.

     "You don't know that," I said, "If I don't make it, will you promise me that you will throw my ashes into Cala Goloritze with a single Peony,"

     "Liliana you are not going to die," he said.

    "You can't say that because you don't know because I could," I said, a lump started to grow in my throat, "can you just promise me that you will do that for me,"

      "I promise," he said, I could a tiny voice crack mixed in with his words. I nodded, feeling like I could trust that he'll keep his promise.

      "It's almost dinner time," he said checking his watch, "are you ready to head downstairs?"

      "Let's go and I'll properly introduce myself to your mother," I said.

      "You don't have to do that, honestly," he said scrambling to get up.

     "Nonsense, Luca," I said, making my way downstairs. I could hear him running behind me to catch up. I walked into the living room hoping she would be in there. Luckily she was, with Enzo laying his head on her lap as a child would. I pulled my phone out and snapped a picture, causing his eyes to snap open.

    "You better delete that photo right now, Lils," he said sitting up.

     "Nope that's too precious," I said smiling. He jumped up and started chasing me. We ran past Domenico the who brought me the banana that one day. I laughed as I heard Enzo almost trip trying to catch me. I saw Luciano finally walking down the stairs. I ran behind him and grabbed onto his arms to shield myself from Enzo.

    "What is going on? Why are we hiding?" he asked smiling.

     "She took a picture of me on mom's lap," Enzo said trying to get around Luca.

    "I don't see the problem," Luca said, shaking his head.

    "He looked so precious laying on his mommy like a baby," I said teasing him about the picture. He lunged at me again but this time Luca picked me up and ran off back into the living room with Enzo hot on our tails.

     "Enzo it's an innocent picture, leave the poor girl alone," Mrs. Langello said smiling.

    "You have no power here," I said giggling, I turned over to Mrs. Langello.

     "Hi Mrs. Langello, I'm Liliana, I wanted to properly introduce myself," I said holding my hand out.

      "Call my Camille or Cami," she said pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. I talked to Camille until Luciano had to practically drag us into the dining room. Enzo pulled out Camille's chair while Luca pulled mine out. We thanked them and let them seat down beside us. Luca at the head of the table with Enzo on the other side of him and I on the other Dinner looked absolutely delicious, I believe Camille said it was Authentic Pasta Carbonara, and boy did it taste amazing too.

      "Whoever cooked did an amazing job," I said, cleaning my mouth. I placed my fork down on my empty plate.

     "I believe our chef Alonzo did," Ricco said popping his head up from the other side of the table. I heard the door open and watched an older man walk into the room.

     "Luciano, Enzo, Camille," he said nodding to them before sitting directly across from me, "And who is this lovely girl?" I was about to answer when Luciano cut me off.

    "That doesn't matter," Luca said, placing his fork down and glaring at this man.

   "I'm Arturo, Luciano and Enzo's father, now who might you be?" Arturo asked looking at me, completely ignoring his sons' comment.

     "I'm Liliana Dubois," I said, with a smile. It all happened so fast, one moment we were speaking civil and the next I'm tackled to the ground by Luca with a bullet hole in the wall.

     "What is going on with your head? Did you fall? Hit your head? Maybe it's not screwed on correctly," his father shouted, "she is a DUBOIS and SHE IS IN OUR HOUSE!"

    "This is my house! I bought it! Besides she has nothing to do with her father's mafia! She didn't even know he was apart of one let alone be the leader," Luca said, standing up and then pulling me up, placing me behind his back.

     "It shouldn't matter! This girl is the enemy and she could be tricking you, making you fall for her family's ways," Arturo said, pointing the gun at my head. I squealed and hid my head behind Luca's back.

     "Move out of the way Luciano," he said, still aiming the gun in my direction.

     "Put the gun down before I have you removed from this household," Luca said, Arturo refused to budge causing Luca to motion for Ricco and Leon to remove Arturo from the house. Before we even sat down another man ran into the room.

     "Boss, the Costello's know she's with us," they said as they burst through the doors. 

     "Are you kidding me? You're not messing with me right?" Luciano asked slamming his hand on the table.

     "I'm being bead serious, Dean, and I just got notified about ten seconds before I rushed down here," the guy said. Luca sighed and nodded before turning to Enzo and me.

     "You stay here and watch over here and then you and I will fly off somewhere," he said, "go pack your bag please,"

     "How long will we be gone?" I asked.

     "I don't know, just pack clothes. We can buy other things we need when we get there," he said. I nodded, deciding not to question where we are going, and just headed up to my room to start packing.

     I grabbed my suitcase, placing it on my bed before taking out clothes I know I wouldn't wear. I placed chargers in the front pockets and zipped everything up. I walked over to my other suitcase and took out my sneakers. I sat on the end of the bed and slid them on before tying them. I grabbed my suitcase and walked downstairs where Luca was waiting with his suitcase.