Chapter Twenty-One

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

      Luciano walked back from the flight deck, he sat back down beside me. I turned my phone off and looked over at him.

      "So are they ok with flying the plane around?" I asked, he nodded leaning back in his seat, "so what exactly are we turning around for?"

      "Arturo has left the house back in Italy with my mother, Enzo tried to stop him but Arturo threatened to kill her so I need to get there so I can kill him first," he said, with a straight face.

      "You are very protective of your mother, I like that," I said studying his face. He chuckles and turns to look at me.

      "I just told you I plan on killing my father and you like the fact I am extremely protective over my mother?" he asked amused.

     "No one should hit their partner so do what you need to do," I said leaning my head on his shoulder. He nodded but never said anything else.

     "I'm going to have Salvatore meet us at the house in Italy," he mumbled.

    "I don't have to fear that he'll kill me, will I?" I asked, closing my eyes.

    "No, I'd have to kill him, besides remember he really works for me," he said, placing his hand on my hand, drawing circles on the back.

     "That feels nice," I said opening my eyes and looking out the window, seeing the ocean below us. 
      The rest of the trip was full of laughter and talking about random things, eating and drinking some Brandy de Jerez. We didn't drink enough to get us drunk, we only had like two glasses, but we were feeling a little tipsy.

     "Can we get some water please?" I asked the woman who I forgot her name was. She smiled and nodded before walking off and grabbing two bottles of water.

      "Why water? We still have a bottle of this delicious liquor," Luca asked, smiling at me.

     "Because you need to be sober and not tipsy when we get to your house," I said, thanking the woman as she brought the waters over. I handed one to Luca and started drinking the other. About twenty minutes later and a small nap later, the pilot walked out saying that we landed. I grabbed my suitcase and Luciano grabbed his. Being the cautious man he is, he walked out first and looked around to see if anything seemed off.

      He gave me the ok to go ahead and walk out. I walked out and caught up to him in no time. We looked around for the car when one started pulling up from a distance away. Luca pushed me behind him just in case. Once it came to a stop, the window rolled down.

      "Need a ride?" Salvatore asked, I looked over Luca's shoulder to see both Enzo and Salvatore in the car in front of us. I laughed quietly before moving out from behind Luca. Enzo popped trunk and I placed my things in the back before Luca placed his things in the back too. I crawled into the back seat behind Salvatore and Luca sat behind Enzo.

      "So best friend did you miss me?" Enzo asked as he started driving away from the plane.

     "Enzo, of course I missed you and your deranged face," Salvatore said, smiling at him. I laughed and Enzo rolled his eyes.

    "I was talking to the lady back there," he said, causing Salvatore to act offended.

      "Yeah I guess I missed you," I said sighing earning a gasp from Enzo.

   "You are so rude," he said before turning to Luciano,  "did you miss your younger more handsome brother?"

     "You don't give me time to miss you, you call me twenty-four/seven. Even if you didn't call me, I probably won't miss you then," Luca said with a smirk plastered on his face.

    "You both are so rude, you belong together," he said, "a couple of meanies,"

   "Are they at the house or are they still out of the house at a hotel?" Luca asked Enzo.

     "They came back like an hour or so after I called you," Enzo said, Luca nodded. The rest of the drive home or to their home he complained about how mean Luca and I were to him. The closer we got, the tenser Luca got, and the quieter everyone got, well besides Enzo.

    "Liliana you either stay in the car or you stay with Enzo," Luca said as soon as their house came into view. I nodded, deciding to not say anything. Enzo parked the car by the others, Luca was the first one out making his way towards the house. I hurried out behind him, Enzo and Sal rushing behind me. Before we could Luca was out the door again, but this time dragging his father out by his neck.