Chapter Thirty-Eight

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

      Since the Annalise incident, Liliana has locked herself in our room and barely comes out. So we had to postpone the party, which I could care less about. Liliana barely talks to anyone anymore, she always seems like she's deep in thought.

     I spend majority of my time getting her to move or talk to me. I think she is believing what Annalise said to her when none of it was true. Liliana is the sweetest, selfless person I've ever met. She deserves the world and I wanna be able to give it to her.

     I was brought out of my thoughts as I felt a presents near me. I looked up to see Liliana walking over to me. I didn't say anything, just in case she was going to cry. Instead of saying anything, she curled up in my lap and closed her eyes. I slowly brought my arms around and held her there.

     "I'm tired," she whispered.

     "Then go to sleep, I won't move you," I whispered back, rubbing circles on her back.

     "Not that kind of tired," she said, "is my life always going to be like this?"

      "Most likely especially if you are with me," I said, "although your dad was also a mafia leader," she nodded and sighed.

     "I want to go see Annalise, I would like to speak to her," Lili said lifting her head up. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at her.

      "Are you sure you want to talk to her?" I asked. She nodded, giving me a stern look. I sighed and nodded knowing there was no talking her out of it. I grabbed her hand after she got off of my lap and led her towards the basement. As we walked I felt her stop.

     "Evan, we are going to see Annalise if you wanna come with," Liliana said, I turned my head to see him on one of the kitchen stools. He nodded and got up to follow us. Once we hit the bottom of the stairs of the basement, I scanned hand to let us in. I nodded to Alex and Gavin, they nodded back and opened the door that leads you into the cell area. Gavin followed us and open one of the special cells.
Inside sat Annalise, we had her sitting in a chair with her hands handcuffed to a pole on the table. I turned to face Lili and Evan.

      "Don't stay in there any longer than you wanna be in there. Don't listen if she starts talking trash or rubbish about either of you," I said, "say what you wanna say, do what you want to do. Then get out," they nodded and walked in.

     I let Gavin shut the door and we walked to the window to see what they were doing. Of course they couldn't see us, but if anything was to happen we could see and rush in.

     I watched as Liliana shouted at Annalise who was just staring at the floor taking in what they were saying. I didn't like not being in there with them, I opened the door and stood in the corner after shutting the door.

     As Liliana yelled, you could hear her french accent lacing her words. Liliana paced around Annalise who has suspiciously not moved an inch. My attention snapped up when I heard a series of pops. My eyes landed on Liliana as she shook her hand making my eyes land on Annalise who was now bleeding from her nose and mouth.

     I looked back at Liliana and nodded towards the door to which she nodded. I walked out first and she was behind me, giving Evan his own time with his sister. I led her to one of the bathrooms and sat her on the sink.

    "What are you doing?" she asked as I took her hand and checked it out.

    "I'm going to clean your hand," I mumbled as I looked at it. I don't know how many times she hit her or how hard but it looks like she punched a brick wall ten times.

    "How did you manage to tear your hand up this much?" I asked in amusement.

    "Shut up, I only hit her four times," she said as she pushed my shoulder. I put her hand under cold water causing her flinch. I finished up her hand and helped her down from the counter. I folded Gavin to bring up Evan once he was finished and I told Alex to text Enzo and plan the party for tomorrow.

    "Come on, let's go get some food," I said.

     "Oh no, I'm not hungry," she said and tried to go the other way but I still had her hand.

    "Nope, you haven't eaten for a couple of days so let's go," I said throwing her over my shoulder. I heard her stomach growl as we entered the kitchen.

    "Even your stomach agrees with me," I said sitting her on one of the stools.

    "Traitor," she said looking down at her stomach. I laughed and started getting random foods out of the fridge.

     "Are you ok with a Caprese salad or would you like Farro salad for lunch?" I asked looking back over at her.

    "Umm, Caprese salad please kind sir," she said. I grinned and nodded. As I cooked, she played on her phone. Once the food was done, I placed her's in front of her. She put her phone away and thanked me.

     "So that party we were supposed to have Sunday, we are having it tomorrow," I said after taking a bite.

    "You all could've had the party without me, I'm sorry I messed that up for you," she said as she took a bite.

     "Well, you are the main guest that has to be there so it would be hard to have the party without you there," I said.

     "Oh so this party is for me?" she asked looking up.

     "Yes," I said taking another bite.

    "Well it's not my birthday, what's it for?" She asked smiling.

     "I can't tell you, it would completely ruin the whole thing," I said grinning, causing her to groan and throw her head back.

     "So what kind of outfit am I supposed to wear?" She asked.

      "Since you all never found outfits at the mall, just one of your nice sundresses," I said, she nodded and the rest of our meal was silent. Well that was before Domenico and Salvatore came into the kitchen...arguing as always.

      "Dude you are not dating my cousin, there's no on Earth I'd let you date her," Dom said shooting daggers at Sal.

      "Well you let me date your mother so what's the difference?" Sal asked raising his voice a little. Both Lili and I scrunched our noses.

     "The difference? The difference is that I didn't even know about you and my mother, I found out from you leaving her house one day," Dom yelled with a traumatized face, causing Lili to make a disturbed face.

    "Can you guys take this somewhere else? We are trying to eat," I said looking over at the two dumbest people I call friends.

    "Shut up we are busy," Sal said before turning back to Dom, "yeah how is your mom by the way? Does she miss me?"

     "That's it," Domenico said as he lunged for Salvatore taking him down to the floor.

    "I'm going to kill you," Dom said through his teeth.

     "No I'm going to kill you and then get with your cousin," Sal said flipping them over.

     "This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen but it's almost better than reality tv," Liliana said. I nodded and got up. I walked over to them and grabbed them by the ear.

      "Excuse me gentlemen, but if you are going to fight over whether or not he can date your cousin, then take it outside," I said dragging them outside. I locked the door behind me and looked at Lili who was smiling.

    "Sometimes I feel like their father," I said, smiling with her.