Epliogue

L I L I A N A
      I smiled as I watched my son run around with his uncles. I love the way they get along. I just wish that Luciano was here to see this too. I miss him every day, I can't go a day without thinking about him. I played with my wedding ring as I looked down.

    "Mommy! Mommy! Look what I found!" My son, Alexi, said as he ran towards me. I crouched down and looked in his hands. There in his tiny hands laid a piece of paper. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly took it from him.

Bring you and your son down to the docks. Just yourselves. And don't tell anyone where you are going

- LL

    Who in the world is LL? And why do they want to see my son and I? I folded it back up and smiled at Alexi.

    "Honey, go inside and see if grandma will put your shoes on. I think we are going for a drive," I said, causing him to smile and run inside. Enzo and Salvatore walked over, hands in pockets.

    "Where did Alex go?" Enzo asked.

    "Inside to get his shoes on," I said, he nodded.

    "Where are you all going?" Sal asked.

    "Just for a drive, maybe get some ice cream," I said, lying through my teeth. Once again they nodded.

    "Do you want us to go with you?" Enzo asked, I shook my head. I probably should, but I know better than to disobey what a note says. I've seen enough movies and from what Luca used to tell me.

    "You sure?" He asked again. I nodded causing them to nod and walk off. I walked inside and saw Cam with Alexi.

    "Mommy, I'm ready," he said, running towards me. I picked him and placed him on my hip.

    "So where are you planning on going?" she asked.

    "Oh, I'm not too sure yet," I said, She nodded and told me to be safe. I walked Alexi and I out to my car, placing him in his car seat. I got in the front seat and started toward the docks. I played Alexi favorite songs to keep him occupied.

    Once at the dock, I looked around to see if I could see anyone but I couldn't find anyone. I sighed and stepped out of the car, walking over to Alexi's side. I got him out and started walking over to the docks. As we stepped onto the dock, I finally saw someone. They stood at the end of the dock, wearing a suit. They had jet black hair and from the looks of it, they are tan.

    "Hello?" I asked, they turned around causing me to gasp and tears started to fill my eyes. It can't be true, it just couldn't be.

    "Hi," he said, with a smile.

    "Luciano?" I asked, "how? How can it be you?"

    "I faked it, I did it so you and our son would be safe," he said, slowly walking towards us. Alex hid behind my leg a little.

    "I cried...I cried every day until I gave birth because I watched you die," I said with the tears falling down my face.

    "I know baby, I wanted to come back but I couldn't just yet. I needed to wait until the right time," he said.

    "It's been four years, Luciano," I said.

    "I had to finish getting rid of the Costello's," he said, "I needed to make sure that they were all gone, not just the ones that were at our wedding,"

"But I'm back now, we can be a happy family. Just like you wanted," he said. I looked him straight in the eyes and he too was tearing up.

"Alexi, I want you to meet someone," I said, looking down at him, "honey, this is your father," I watched as Alex let go of my leg and slowly make his way over to Luciano who was crouched at his level.

"Hey buddy," Luca said, softly. Alex slowly put his arms around him, giving him a hug. This is the sight I've been dying to see. More tears flowed as I watched Luciano wrap his arms around Alexi, giving him a big ole bear hug. Luciano stood up with Alex still in his arms and came over to me, pulling me into the hug as well.

"God, I've missed you woman," he said, kissing me. As cringe as it sounds, I've missed those lips. They are still as soft as I remember them.

"I've missed you too," I said, pulling away from the kiss. I buried my head into his chest, savoring the moment, just in case this was a dream. That I would woke up any second and he would be gone. Finally, I'm going to get the happy ending I wanted, us to be one big family again.