Chapter Twenty

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

     "So what's in California?" Liliana asked, carrying her suitcase through the lobby.

     "My aunt and uncle live there, my uncle might be able to help us get the Costello's off our backs," I said leading her towards the car where Franco was waiting for us.

     "Is he always with us?" she asked looking up at me.

      "Part of the job, sweetheart," I said, she quickly looked down but I could tell she was blushing. I smirked and took her suitcase, I walked to the trunk popping it open before tossing the suitcases in and closing it. I walked back around and slid into the car seeing that Liliana was already in.

      "Private airline please," I said shutting the door. He nodded and started the drive. Liliana turned to me, she opened her mouth before closing it and then opening it again.

      "You're uncle isn't going to pull a gun on me, right?" she asked.

     "I think you are good on that one," I said smiling. She nodded and looked back out the window. I feel like every one of our car rides are going to be awkward like this. Once again Franco to the rescue turned on the radio.

     "Remind me to give you a raise," I said looking up at him in the rear view mirror. He gave me a small grin and nodded. Private airline here we come.

On the plane, it was once again silent. Liliana sat on one side and I was on the other. The more I spend time with her, the more the feeling in my heart grows. It scares me because I'm not used to having these feelings, I don't like people but yet this woman has snuck her way into my heart without her knowing.

    "Umm, Liliana can I talk to you about something?" I asked, confused on how I was going to word my next few words.

     "Sure, what is it?" she asked turning her attention to me.

    "I'm not good with showing my emotions but since I met you or the day you ran into me at the restaurant. I knew there was something about you, and umm I have this feeling inside when I'm with you," I said with all of my words bunching together and I felt like I was rambling, which is weird because I'm never like this.

     "Are you trying to tell me you like me, Mr Langello?" she asked smirking.

    "Yes," I blurted before clearing my throat, "y-yeah that's what I'm trying to say,"

    "Well in that case I like you too," she said, "god I feel like I'm in middle school again."

      "Those were the corny days," I said leaning back in the seat.

    "In middle school, I used to have the curly hair with bangs pinned to the side. And the eyeliner I used to go through within a span of two weeks," she said, laughing as she described herself in grade school. I could watch her talk for hours to no end. But that was suddenly interrupted by my stupid cell phone ringing. I looked at the caller ID, I swear this boy never stops calling me.

     "Are you like obsessed with me or what?" I asked answering the phone, turning away from Liliana who turned her attention to her own cell phone.

    "Hello to you to brother," Enzo said, "I was calling to say that father has left the house along with mother,"

     "Did you try to stop him from leaving with her?" I asked.

    "I tried but he threatened to kill her if I didn't let them go,"

     "I'm coming home and I going to put this man six feet under," I said, "until I get there I want security following them and his every move. I want to be notified immediately if he so much as touches a hair on her head the wrong way,"

     "You got it boss," he said before hanging up. I sighed and turned back to Liliana.

     "I'm going to go talk to the pilot," I said, getting up.

    "Why, what's wrong?" she asked.

     "We are turning this plane around," I said, suddenly deciding that we are going home for a little bit. We can call my uncle over the phone.