Chapter Four

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

      "You've been awfully quiet since we got seated," Enzo stated looking up from his plate.

     "What about it?" I snapped, there was something about the way he grabbed her arm that made me feel another type of angry. Like if he wasn't my brother I would've shot him right then and there.

    "Are you thinking about the tramp that practically ran into you?" he asked, nastily.

     "Watch it or I'll snap you in half," I growled.

     "So it is about the girl," he said smiling, "if I didn't know any better, I'd say you have taken an interest in her," he grinned and took a bit of his food.

     "I'm Luciano Langello, I don't have time to have any kind of interest in a girl," I said eating my food.

      "Whatever you say, boss," he said. I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

     "Mr. Langello, there is someone here to see you, should I send them in?" the waitress asked walking up to the table.

    "Go ahead," I said not paying her any attention. She nodded and walked away swaying her hips as if it was going to swoon me. Once again I rolled my eyes before someone walked in.

     "Mr Lagnello, I am Angelo Perez. The head of security at the warehouse here in Paris," Angelo Perez said introducing himself.

    "Come sit down," I said, gesturing to the empty seat at our table. He nodded and sat down.

       "We believe that it was the Rattlesnakes, they have a base here in France. It's not too far from the warehouse about a twenty-minute walk and ten-minute drive," he said, sitting down.

     "Why would the Rattlesnakes take our drugs?" Enzo asked.

     "Because we get drugs first out of everyone, meaning they are better and fresher. Someone wanted to mess with us and take it, they know we will find out it was them and they will attack us," I said, quickly figuring out their plan. 

      "Angelo, I'm going to send over some of my best people over tomorrow. They will help you and your men blow up the RS base," I said.

      "Of course, Don," he said and left without saying another word.

    "What about the drugs?" Enzo asked.

    "Forget about the drugs, we can always get more. Besides they probably already sank their teeth into it," I said shrugging it off, "now let's pay for this, so we can pack everything up and leave,"

     "Yes, sir," he teased, causing me to snap my attention towards him.

    "Davidlee texted, the camera footage was tampered with but he fixed it. He said it was for sure the rattlesnake," Enzo said as he whipped his phone out.

     "Good, now let's leave and get back home. I don't trust Arturo to not do anything while we are gone," I said. He nodded and I paid, we left and drove straight to the hotel.

    "Davidlee please tell me that the jet is prepared and ready for us to leave," I said, plopping on the bed. He sighed and looked up.

    "I called and the pilot has fallen sick, and a new one can't be sent down or can't come within the next three days," he said rubbing his forehead. I groaned and slammed my hand on the side table.

    "I don't want to be here any longer than I have to be here," I said grabbing my things, "pack your things and let's drive to Sicily if we have to," no one argued or disagreed with me. They packed their things and got the car ready.

      The drive consisted of Enzo and Franco arguing about who has the higher body count.

    "For the last time Enzo, I've clear killed more people than you. You are twenty-two, I'm forty-four, and been in this world a lot longer than you," Franco explained.

     "I don't care who has the higher body count, I just want to get home," I complained closing my eyes.

     "Shut up no one asked you," Enzo said and they went back to arguing. I groaned and hit my head on the window. A couple of hours later, they woke me up once again.

     "Hey boss, we're on a ferry. They said we could walk around if we wanted," Davidlee said getting out. I yawned and followed a pursuit. I walked over to the railing and leaned on it, looking out into the ocean. I felt a presence beside me causing me to turn and look. The girl from the restaurant.

     "You're the guy I bumped into at the restaurant," she said not looking up, "I'm Liliana,"

     "My name's Luciano," I said, looking down at her.

     "You're not from France are you?" she asked, this time looking up at me.

     "I'm from Sicily, Italy," I answered, smirking. Her face lit up.

     "That's where I'm moving too," she said.

     "You're leaving the city of love to go live in Italy?" I asked.

     "Yes, in a heartbeat. My parents are a bit controlling," she said laughing, "they had my whole life planned out, who I was going to be friends with, how to act and be proper, how to dress,"

     "That sounds horrible," I said, "let's walk and talk," she nodded.

     "That's not even all of it, I got accepted into a culinary school both in Paris and Italy, I didn't want to go to the one in Paris because that's what my parents wanted," she explained, "I broke the news that I was going to Italy which my father being the hothead he is, made it into a fight. We both yelled at each other and said somethings,"

     "Are they not supportive of you?" I asked.

    "My mother is, she wouldn't care how I acted or anything but with my father being a duke, he makes us seem to be the perfect French Family," she said, "enough about me, what about you and your family?"

     "I'm a businessman, I do all sorts of things," I said trying to make up something that doesn't sound like a criminal.

    "Ok like what?" she asked confused.

    "Ummm, my family owns a gun range so I manage that, I am a co-owner of a bank, and I invested in a pharmacy," I said practically sugarcoating everything I do.

     "That's a lot from for just one man," she said with wide eyes.

     "Well, I was lucky enough to find people who were willing to put up with the rules and expectations that I require," I said smiling.

     "Luciano, do you think you can show me around Sicily?" she asked.

      "I can see if I can fit you into my schedule," I said teasing her.