Chapter Twenty-Nine

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

I laid on the floor, shivering and crying like there was no tomorrow. I tried to not make a sound as I cried. I don't know how long I've been here but I know it's been days maybe weeks. Everyday is like the same; beatings, eating, rest, more beatings, other things I wish I could forget, etc.

I didn't look up as the door opened, I knew what time of day it was. I heard the tray scrap across the floor and the door slammed again. It was probably the same as always tomato soup and half of a grill cheese. I looked up and saw that I stood corrected. If I wasn't so hungry I would have just ignored the food, but I didn't get food yesterday. I crawled over to the food and slowly tried to eat it.

After I finished my soup and a bite or two from my half sandwich, I could slowly feel it come back up. I turned my head to a bucket they had placed in here with me and let everything loose. I wiped my mouth with the bottom of my shirt. I went back to my corner and laid back down.

This time when the door opened people walked in and slammed it shut. I didn't have to look up to know who it was. Every day at least once or twice, Micheal Costello comes into this room with two of his buddies. He always says something but then leaves so that his friends do whatever they want. I stopped fighting I believe the third week I was here. I stopped putting up a fight because each time I did fight, everything they did they did it ten times harder. Punches felt like I was getting it hit with a tree branch.

"Good morning Liliana," Michael said. I didn't listen to the rest of what he had to say, it was probably all insults. I heard him leave and I knew what was next. I wiped the single tear that fell and turned over to face ugly 1 and 2.