Chapter Three

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

      "I'm am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I said. I slowly looked up after not hearing a response. to see a tall, tan, handsome man who looks like he's trying not to lose his patience. Another man resembling the man I ran into grabbed my arm.

     "Why don't you watch where you are.." he said as he looks down making eye contact with me. There was something in his eyes that just screamed danger.

     "Um...I'm truly sorry about that," I said breathlessly, I looked over to the other one, "please let my arm go"

       "It's um fine," he said to me before looking at the other man, "Enzo" the other man let go of my arm immediately. 

     "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you, did he?" he asked, turning his attention back to me.

      "N-no I'm fine, thank you," I said feeling nervous under his stare, "I'm sorry about running into you," that I turned and walked to my car. I unlocked the door, sliding in trying to control my breathing. I shook off my nervousness and started backing out.              as I drove out of the parking lot, I noticed his eyes trailing along with my car.  

      "Hey Siri, call Annalise," I said pulling my phone out of my pocket.

      "Calling Annalise," it said. As I waited for the light to turn green, I waited for her to answer.

     "Hello?" I heard as Annalise finally answered her phone.

     "Hey, do you think that you and Evan can come over to the house?" I asked, biting the inside of my cheek, "it's completely ok if you can't,"

     "No, no we can. When do you want us to come over?" she asked.

      "I'm heading there now, so as soon as possible if you don't mind," I answered.

     "Ok, what is happening?" she asked.

    "I'm packing my things and I'm leaving," I said before I hung up and drove as quickly as possible to get to the house. Once I reached the house, I wasted no time rushing in. Luckily my parents weren't home yet and I hope that they won't be back for a while.

      I ran up to my room, ripping the door open before rushing over to my dresser. I opened the drawers and started throwing everything on my bed in a rush. Once everything was out of my dresser, I moved on to my closet. I grabbed as many things as I could before throwing them on the bed. Before I could make it back to the closet, Anna and Evan walked in.

     "What do you need us to do?" she asked.

      "Anna if you could start putting my clothes in my suitcases and bags that would be wonderful. Evan, can you grab my things from the bathroom like perfumes and stuff and placing them in either a bag or whatever you can find," I said looking between them.

    "You got it, boss," they said before getting to work. I smiled and went back to my closet. I continued to grab clothes I knew I would wear leaving those that I wouldn't. I grabbed my favorite shoes, leaving the ones that I don't wear. I placed my shoes on my bed.

      I walked over to one of my desk drawers, I grabbed my computer and everything that goes with that, I grabbed my iPad and its charger, headphones, and everything else into a travel bag.

     "Alright that's the last of your clothes and shoes in suitcases," Annalise announced, I turned around to see that she managed to fit everything into two large suitcases. Evan had everything in a duffle bag.

     "Thank you guys so much," I said pulling them into a hug.

     "Anything for you," Annalise said, I nodded and pulled away as I heard a car door shut outside.

     "We'll help you carry everything down to your car," Evan said before I could even ask.

     "Wait hold on," I said before running to my bed. I laid on the floor before reaching for the box under there. I pulled it out and placed it on the bed.

     "Can you hand me that backpack?" I asked pointing to the one beside Anna. She nodded and chucked it at me. I thanked her before opening the box.

     "Ok, I know you didn't work for all that," Evan said mainly teasing about the amount of money in the box.

     "No I took every last penny out of my bank accounts," I said putting the money in the backpack. I zipped it up and placed it on my back before grabbed both suitcases as they grabbed the only bags. We made our way downstairs where my mother and father were walking in.

       "Liliana, what on earth are you doing?" mother asked.

      "I'm leaving, I've stayed here long enough. Do take care," I said trying to make it short and sweet before walking outside to my car. I opened the trunk and threw the suitcases in and Evan and Annalise put the bags on top of it all.

      "Promise you'll come and visit us," she said with her pinky finger out. I smiled and linked my pinky with hers.

     "Promise," I said pulling her into a hug.

     "Call us every time you stop ok?" Evan said pulling me into a hug.

      "Of course," I said before getting into my car. As I pulled away, I could see them waving and my parents standing at the door shocked. Now a new chapter in my life begins.