Chapter Eight

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

      "You sent the men to France, correct?" I asked as I walked quickly through the hallway into my office.

     "Yes boss," Enzo said following me into the office.

    "Ok, now I need someone to look and see where Liliana, the girl I have been talking to for the past week or so, is and I want everything on her," I said sitting in my seat.

     "I'll get Domenico right on that," he said, I nodded and waited for him to leave which he never did.

     "Can I help you?" I asked.

     "You like her don't you?" he asked teasing me. I scoffed and shook my head.

     "What I feel or do, is my business," I said, "but no I don't like her," He smirked and stalked off. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my handgun I keep on my desk. I put a new magazine in it before putting it in my holster. I walked out of my office and out to one of my cars. Last night was crazy but I managed to keep everyone in line.

      I pulled up to the warehouse and scanned my thumb before driving up the driveway. I parked in my usual spot and walked in. I nodded to the guards and made my way to where DL was.

    "Boss," Alex, the guard of the door, said and let me in. In the middle of the room, Mateo sat in a chair with his head hung low.

     "Davidlee," I said sternly causing him to look up.

    "Luciano," he said flatly. I felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to turn to and see Alex once again.

    "Enzo said you would want to see this," he said handing me a file or a folder. I nodded and dismissed him.

    "Is this folder about you?" I asked DL looking at him as if he was the mud on my boot.

     "It's possible," he mumbled. I nodded and sat in the chair in front of him and slammed the folder down on the table. I flipped it open and started reading. The more I read the angrier I got. I snapped it shut and looked at him. My nose flared and I felt nothing but pure hatred.

    "So, the first person to offer some drugs and more money than I give you EACH and every week, you run into their arms," I said raising my voice, "I gave you a house, food, water, a BED TO SLEEP ON and you BETRAY ME!" he went to talk but I cut him off.

    "No the adult is talking this is where you listen! You ran into the arms of our rival family! Out of all the people, you ran to the Dubois'," I shouted, "You were one of my trusted people! Out of the blue, you got mean and nasty to me when you knew the consequences of disrespecting me!"

     "I'm sorry Luciano, I am," he said with tears rolling down his face.

      "It's too late for sorry's besides they don't fix anything in this family," I said lowering my voice, "I hope you are happy with your choices,"

     "Luciano please," he begged as I pulled my gun from the holster and made sure it was ready. I aimed for his foot first, pulled the trigger. Earning a scream from him, next was his shoulder causing him to scream louder. It wasn't a normal manly scream either, this was the most annoying girlish scream ever making me roll my eyes.

    "Bye," I said and without a second thought, I pulled the trigger. His head flies backward and I walked out of the room. I told Alex to have people clean up the mess. I got back in my car and started driving home. As I stopped at the stop sign my phone started going off. I sighed and picked it up.

   "What?" I snapped.

    "Hello?"  they said confused. That voice sounded familiar.

    "Who is this?" I asked growing impatient.

    "Um, it's Liliana. Is this a bad time?" Liliana asked. I drove off again and cleared my throat.

    "No, it's ok, what's going on?" I asked cringing at the choice of words I used.

    "Nothing much, this is my number. I saw you texted me and I figured I'd answer you when I got my new phone," she rambled.

     "That's ok. Listen I know I said that I would take your house shopping but can we do that tomorrow? I'm going to be working late tonight," I said sighing and rubbing my forehead.

    "Oh yeah that's perfectly fine," she said, "crap, Luca I've gotta go," that she hung up. Confused I pulled the phone away from me.

    I pulled into the driveway and rushed inside. I was on my way to my office until Domenico stopped me.

   "Boss, I have multiple Liliana's, can we talk in your office?" he asked. I nodded and we made our way up there. I opened the door and let him in first.

    "Ok so do you have pictures of these Liliana's?" I asked taking a seat in my chair.

   "Yes, there were only three that I could find," he said, pulling the pictures out of the file. As he laid them out in front of me, none of them caught my eye until the last one.

    "That's the Liliana," I said pointing to her picture. He tensed up a bit but nodded.

    "Ok, so what I got from her background is that her full name is Liliana Roxelle Dubois," he said before I cut him off.

   "She's a Dubois?" I asked, feeling angry again, "as in The Dubois Mafia Family?"

    "That's correct boss," he said, "should I continue with the information?"

   "Continue," I said. He nodded and I listened to every word that fell from his mouth. I felt stupid as I had my walls down for even a second. I feel for her trick.

"I want you to monitor her every move," I said before dismissing him