Chapter Nine

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

    I smashed yet another whiskey glass on the floor. I was being friendly to a rival family member.

    "Boss, Liliana seems to be at a salon on her way to a car dealership," Domenico said walking into the office.

    "Why is she going to a car dealership?" I slurred.

   "Maybe I should come back when you're sober," he said getting up, but I slammed my hand down on the desk.

   "No, no tell me now, I am not that drunk," I said.

   "It appears that she is being followed by someone, I don't know who yet. But you'll be the first one I tell when I do find out who it is," he said. I nodded and let him go this time. I smirked and looked at the man in the mirror. He isn't the same man I was years ago, no this man looking back at me is cold, heartless, and older. I threw the entire bottle at the mirror and stumbled my way up to my room.

    I didn't bother taking any of my clothing off as I fell on my bed, instantly falling asleep.

   I jolted up as I felt ice water hitting me in the face. I opened my eyes and found a grinning Enzo with a bucket in front of my bed.

    "I'll give you five seconds to get out of my face before I shoot your left foot," I said causing him to run out of my run. I grunted and got out of bed. I pulled my wet suit off of my body and walked into the closet. I grabbed a navy blue suit, sliding it on before walking to the bathroom.

     After finishing getting ready, I walked downstairs to see multiple of my men with disgruntled faces and a very unwelcome guest.

   "Nipote di Nonni, (grandson),"  Giovanni, aka my Nonno (grandfather), said with a smile.

    "Giovanni, what are you doing here?" I asked coldly and walked into the kitchen.

   "Can't an old man see his only grandson?" he asked with a smile.

   "You've never wanted anything to do with me, why start now," I stated rolling my eyes.

    "You're just like your father, you should find you a woman and loosen up," he said taking a seat at the kitchen bar.

    "I don't need nor want a woman," I said simply. He rolled his eyes and grabbed an apple.

    "Alright alright, I came to tell you that I'm dying," he said, I turned around confused.

    "How are you dying? I thought you were healthy," I said flatly. He moved one side of his jacket to see a bullet wound on his ribcage.

    "You need to get that checked out," I said leaning onto the bar.

    "I've lived a good life, a good and long one at that," he said coughing, "I wanted to see you before I went,"

    "If you're not going to get it checked out then at least go seat on the couch in the living room," I said. I ordered two of the men to carry him over to the couch. I was walking with them when Domenico pulled me to the side again.

    "She's being followed by Hugo Dubois," he said. I slammed my hand on the wall and closed my eyes.

   "You, Enzo, and I are going for a ride," I said, pointing at him. He nodded and ran off to go get Enzo. I walked out to the first car I came to and slid into the driver's side.

    "What's Nonno doing here?" Enzo asked getting into the car.

   "He's dying," I said simply before turning to Dom, "where is Hugo?"

     "He is staying at Itria Palace," Dom said typing away on his iPad, "he is on his way to the hotel that Liliana is staying at,"

    "Perfect," I mumbled before pressing the gas.

    "So why exactly do we now hate Liliana?" Enzo asked.

      "Because we were stupid and fell for her trap, she is Hugo Dubois' daughter," I said, "The French Mafia,"

      "Well now I feel stupid," he said. I rolled my eyes and continued to drive. I parked and we all walked in. Hugo was at the front desk.

   "Call Franco and have him bring multiple men to come and get Hugo," I said and made my way up to the elevator without Hugo noticing me. I stepped off of the elevator and walked up to the door. I knocked aggressively on the door.

    "Hey Luca," she said answering the door. I liked the way she said Luca, it rolls perfectly off of her tongue and the black hair suits her very well. Snap out of it, Luca, I thought and went back to being angry.

     "You think you're so smart, being nice to me and sharing how 'horrible' you're life was back in Paris trying to make me feel bad for you. Bet you didn't think I would figure out who you really are didn't you," I said.

     "Luca what are you talking about?" she asked confused.

     "It's Luciano to you now," I snapped, "I can't believe I was that stupid to not realize. I mean look at you, you look exactly like your father it's pitiful,"

    "How do you know my father?" she asked.

    "It's too late to play dumb now, I know who you really are and that you were sent here to distract me so that your father could overtake my throne,"

     "I'm Luciano Langello, the Italian Mafia leader. I know everything, I have eyes everywhere," I shouted, "if you thought I was stupid, you were dead wrong," that I hit her with the but of my gun. I felt a pinch of guilt in me for that but it needed to be done.

     I picked her up and carried her down to the lobby. I walked out to the car and put her in the back with Dom.

     "Restraint her," I said as I climbed into the front seat.

     "What did you do to her?" Enzo asked looking back at her.

    "Simply hit her in the head with my gun, nothing she can't handle especially since she's his daughter," I said driving to the warehouse where Hugo should be at.

    "Once we get there, I want her in a cell. Preferably not beside her father, I can't have them next to each other," I said. This is so not helping my hangover.