Chapter Thirty-Two

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

I groaned as I opened my eyes and looked around. These stupid bright white lights will be the death of me. I looked over to see Enzo and Salvatore sitting in a chair beside me. Enzo had crutches and of course Salvatore looked like he didn't even go into the gun fight.

"Where's Liliana?" I croaked out. That caused Enzo to wake up and it didn't even faze Sal seeing he was still asleep.

"Hey brother, how are you?" Enzo asked completely ignoring what I just said. I clenched my jaw and stared at him.

"Where. Is. Lili?" I asked, he pointed over to the other side of the room. I followed his finger to see my Liliana laying in a bed with wires connected to her. I just wanted to rip them off of her and hold her until she was fine again. I went to sit up when I felt a burning sensation in my right shoulder and then my knee scream in pain. I grunted but tried to turn over to get a better look at her, Enzo placed his hand on my left shoulder and held me from moving.

"Let me go," I growled, clearly it didn't faze him.

"Calm down, you need to take it easy," he said, "you have a broken kneecap your shoulder had a bullet in it and your torso was grazed,"

"I could care less about my injuries, I just wanna make sure she is fine," I said shooting daggers at him.

"She's fine, three of her ribs are broken and her foot is fractured but other than that she's fine," he said, "the doctors put her in a medically induced coma,"

"Did they say when she would wake?" I asked, still looking at her.

"You both have been out for at least two days so either tomorrow or this Saturday," he said leaning back in his seat before hitting Sal in the shoulder, causing him to hit him in the gut out of reflex before opening his eyes. Enzo held his stomach and slapped the back of Salvatore's head.

"Cut it out," I said.

"Hey Don," Sal said nodding at me.

"Are you going to tell him about Dean?" Enzo asked looking at him.

"That punk ain't worth the breath to tell the story," Sal mumbled.

"What about Dean?" I asked looking at the both of them.

"I killed him," Sal said, I stared at him in confusion.

"You didn't just kill him you set his body on fire and pushed him and MY SUV down a hill," Enzo said.

"Hold up! Why did you kill Dean?" I asked pointing at Salvatore.

"He was a mole, he was working for the Costello's. Meaning that the Costello's weren't only looking for Liliana but you," Salvatore said, "I realized when we were all watching you and Michael fight from the car before he turned off the camera,"

"He picked him up and slammed him into the gravel before punching and slamming his head into the road. He practically overkilled him, emptied a whole chamber into his body," Enzo said nonchalantly, "but thats before he threw his dead body into my car and poured a small flask of scotch onto him and 'accidentally' dropped a match on him,"

"I had fun while it lasted," Sal said smirking.

"You're a psychopath," Enzo said shaking his head.

"Shut up would you," Salvatore said. I was able to get on them both before someone else walked into the room. I looked over to see my momma walking into the room with tears in her eyes.

"This isn't the first time you have seen me like this," I said looking at her.

"I know but every time it breaks my heart," she said grabbing my hand and rubbing it. She looked over at Liliana and let more tears fall down her face. I think she loves Liliana more than she does Enzo or I, she couldn't have anymore kids after us and she always wanted a girl.

"Your father took his things from the house while you guys were gone, I don't know where he went," she said looking down at the ground.

"Good maybe he'll stay gone," I mumbled. She shook her head from my comment knowing that at some point in time he would be back and I knew it too.

"Enzo and Salvatore you guys should go for a walk," she said looking at them. They nodded and walked out to the best of their abilities.

"What's going on momma?" I asked looking at her in concern.

"Nothing I just wanted them to go out and get some air," she said before plopping down at the end of my bed, "you know she might not be the same Liliana as she was a couple of months ago,"

"I know, she might be wary of us for a little bit but we can help her get back to something like she was when we first met," I said. She nodded and looked over at her and just watched her. I could see her chest rising and falling.

"I think I love her mom," I said still looking at Liliana.

"I know you do," she said, "I could tell when I first met her,"

"But don't you think it's too fast for me to love her? I mean I'm still trying to accept it that I do because what I feel for her is scary but also comforting," I said looking back at my mom.

"I don't think it's too fast, you know you love someone when you feel it. If that's what you feel then that's what you feel," she said, "I know it's scary because before I met Arturo, I was convinced that I could never love anyone and when I started to feel butterflies when I was around him I was ready to run away,"

"Do you think that I should propose?" I asked, "like when she's ok and comfortable with everyone and everything again,"

"I think that you should do it when you think the time is right," she said smiling "but I also think that you need to step on because I ain't getting younger and I would love me some grand babies," I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'll do that just for you," I said smiling. She smiled and nodded, she stood up and walked over to the head of the bed.

"I'll stop by tomorrow," she said kissing my forehead, "I love you,"

"Love you too, mom," I said before she shut the door. With nothing else to do, I laid back down and closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep fast.