Chapter Twenty-Three

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 A.

Causal clothes? Comfortable shoes? What are we doing, going on a hike? I groaned and settled for a simple crop top sweater and ripped skinny jeans. Once dressed, I walked out of my room in search for Cami. I found her outside in the garden walking around.

     "Hey Cami," I said walking over to her, she turned her head towards me and smiled.

"Hi, Lili, what are you doing?" she asked as we walked around until we came to a bench.
"Umm, Luciano is taking me on a date," I said, "and I was wondering if you could fix my hair up, please"

  "Oh I would love to," she said, "I always wanted a daughter, of course Arturo just wanted sons so that one of them could be his heir. He never loved us so Salvatore shooting him was well deserved,"

  "My father is controlling and was my whole life. He would throw my clothes out of my room and into the fire pit if they weren't to his liking. I couldn't hang out with who I wanted to, it had to be rich kids. I couldn't talk the way I wanted, couldn't go where I wanted," I said as I felt her hands move my hair around.

  "What about your mother? Was she like me or controlling too?" she asked.

    "She would not have cared about who I hung out with or how I dressed but my father controlled her too. After a while, she was like him but she was nowhere as bad as my father," I explained.

     "I remember when I was about four, I got in trouble because I was outside playing with a soccer ball. I was told that it wasn't very lady like of me," I said, "as I got older, I wished my parents were more of my parents instead of Duke and duchess or whatever they are"

     "I know I haven't known you long, but you will always be welcome into my home. Even if you and Luca don't last, but I highly doubt that you'll split," she said smiling.

     "You are very sure about me and Luca being together," I said laughing.

     "Honey, I was a match maker for about three years, I know a beautiful, blooming relationship when I see one," she said. I smiled and nodded.

     "Are you ready?" we heard from the door. We turned around to see Luciano in a pair of jeans and a plain white tee shirt. I don't think I've seen him in any thing besides a suit.

    "Y-yeah, I'm ready," I said, getting up and walked over to him. I waved to Cami causing her to smile and wave back .

     "I'll see you when you guys return," she said before turning back to the garden. I turned back to Luca who was holding out his hand for me to take.

  "So where are we going for this date?" I asked with a smile.

    "We are going somewhere," he said, I grinned and pushed his shoulder lightly. Of course he wouldn't tell me, it's a cliché surprise date.

    "Can I guess?" I asked, I have a feeling it was either a picnic or a hike. We can't really go into the public.

     "Sure but you won't get it right," he said shrugging. He led me through the house and out the door.

"Are we going on a hike?" I asked, he shook his head, "are we going to have a picnic?"

    "You are way off," he simply said. I furrowed my eyebrows, well I guess my feeling was off. He walked us to one of his cars and opened my door so I could climb in. Once in, he shut my door and walked over to his side of the car.

     "First we are going out for dinner, I was thinking something nice but not to nice," he said looking over at me before pulling out of the driveway. During the drive we made small talk, it wasn't awkward it was a comfortable small talk. We pulled into a diner called DePalma's Italian Café. I was about to open my door when Luca smacked my hand.

    "When you are with a man, they should open the doors for you," he said before getting out and opening my door for me. I smiled and held his hand as we walked in together.

      "A booth for two please," Luciano said in a bored tone to the hostess as we walked up to her. She smiled and nodded, as she walked us to the table you could tell she was shaking her hips way too hard. I thought they were going to pop out of place. I rolled my eyes and paid her no attention, I wasn't going to get jealous of her, there wasn't nothing to be jealous about. I knew Luciano wasn't paying her any attention either.

We sat down and scanned the menus that she laid down on the table for us to look over. I placed the menu down when the waiter came over to us.  
   "Welcome to DePalma's Italian Café, what can I get you all to drink?" he said looking over at me first.

"Oh, can I get a water please," I said.

     "Sure can, and for you sir?" he asked looking over at Luca.

   "Same for me as well," he said not looking from the menu.

    "I'll be right back with your drinks," the waiter said. With that he left and I went back to the menu. I placed the menu on the edge of the table once I found what I wanted to at.

    "Did you find what you are going to eat?" I asked as Luciano stared at the menu as if he was going to shoot it, "you are staring at the menu as if he had just insulted your favorite shoes,"

    "The waiter was staring at you wrong and I didn't like it," he said finally looking up from the menu, "I was trying not to get up and rip his throat out,"

   "Oh stop it no he wasn't," I said.

    "Speak of the devil and he shall appear," he mumbled just as the waiter came back with our drinks and straws.

    "Are you all ready to order?" he asked once again looking at me first.

    "I'm going to have the Pasta DePalma," I said, he nodded and wrote it down. He turned to Luciano and waited for him to say what he wanted.

  "Shrimp Scampi," he said, the waiter nodded and wrote it down before taking the menus and walking away.  I shook my head and took a sip of my water.

"What did I do this time?" he asked in amusement.

    "You were rude again," I said, looking up at him. This time he was the one who shook his head.

"I'm never rude," he said grinning. I scoffed and decided against saying anything, which caused him to act offended.