Chapter Twenty-Two

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

I stormed inside of the house, looking for the man that is the main source of my anger and stress. I walked around the double doors that close in the living room. I found him sitting on the couch.

"Hello figlio (son)," he said as he flipped a page in the newspaper. I wasted no time to go for his throat. I drug him out of the house.

"I told you I would make your death slow and painful," I said through my teeth.

"You can't kill me," he choked out, "you don't have the guts," I threw him on the ground, knocking the wind out of him. He gasped trying to catch his breath, it's pathetic really. He can dish it but can't take it. Once he was able to get up, I took this time to swing at his face causing him to stumble back.

"I may not be able to kill you yet, but there will be a day when I snap and there's no telling what I'll do to you and your pathetic ways," I said. I turned away from him and nodded at Salvatore, who was ready. He aimed his handgun at Arturo and pulled the trigger.

"My bad, Mr Langello, my finger slipped," he said as Arturo fell to the ground holding his leg, "stupid greasy fingers,"

"Come on Lili," I said opening the front door. Before I could shut the door, I could hear Sal talking again.

"Golly me, I did it again," Sal said. I laughed and walked into the house behind Lili.

"Did he kill him or did he just shoot his body parts?" Lili asked turning around to face me.

"I told him to not kill him just yet so I really don't know where he shot him," I answered honestly. She nodded and walked away, dragging me with her.

"Where would your mom be?" she asked.

"I don't know, why?" I asked.

"Maybe I want to go see my favorite Langello," she said, letting go of my hand to open up some doors.

"I thought I was your favorite Langello," I said confused.

"If it makes you sleep better, you can be my favorite," she said opening some more doors before opening up the library doors, "I found her,"

"Hey momma," I said as we walked in. She looked up from her book and rushed over to us.

"Luciano and Liliana," she said pulling us into a tight hug, "I missed you guys so much,"

"Momma we were only gone a couple of days, a week at the max," I said as she released us from the hug.

"For a mom, that's too long," she said, then she looked down and had a huge smile on before looking up at us.

"When did this happen?" she asked, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"When did what happen?" I asked, she rolled her eyes but pointed down. Lili and I looked down and saw that our hands managed to find their way back to each other.

"On the plane when we were supposed to go to California," I said. Mom dropped her hands to her side and let her jaw drop with a disappointed face on.

"What?" I asked confused once again.

"That's not very romantic, I thought when you came home this would happen but it would've been more romantic," she said looking at me like I am stupid.

"I'm sorry?" I said more like a question. She rolled her eyes and drug us over to the couch.

"So when is the wedding?" she asked smiling like crazy, making Lili blush.

"Mom, we aren't even together," I said throwing my head back.

"You are killing me here, kid," she said sighing, "so he told you he likes you but he didn't like ask you to be his girlfriend or anything?"

"He just told me that he likes me, although it felt like I was in middle school," Lili said, looking at mom.

"I could've sworn I raised him better than that," momma said, "since he's being pokey about it, do you want to be his girlfriend?"

"I thought I was supposed to ask and why are we doing this now?" I asked. Mom looked at me once again like I was stupid.

"I'm getting older, Luciano, the faster you two get together the quicker you can get married, then the quicker I can be a grandma," she said as if she was stating the obvious, "now Liliana, would you date my son?"

"Yeah, I mean I guess I would," Lili said stumbling over her words. I could tell that a blush was working its way onto her cheeks.

"Well then it's settled, you two are together and you are going to get married," she said.

"oh my god ma," I said putting my hand over my face. I heard her laugh and leave the room. I removed my hand from my face, I looked over at Liliana who was redder than a tomato.

"Don't listen to her," I said, "she likes to take things into her own hands sometimes,"

"No, it's fine, besides it's not like you asked me anyways," she said in a teasing manner. A smirk slowly made it's way onto my face as I stared at her with amusement.

"Well, then Liliana Roxelle Dubois, would you like to be my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Luciano whatever your middle name is Langello, I would be honored as long as I get to know you better," she said smiling.

"Keane, my middle name is Keane," I said. She smiled, probably happy to learn something new about me, "do you want to stay in here or go to our rooms and nap?"

"I could go for a nap," she said. I nodded and stood up before holding a hand out for her. She grabbed onto my hand and stood up. We walked out of the room and headed up the stairs.

"Aw, you guys are holding hands!" I heard Ricco shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"If you value your manhood, you'll shut up," I shouted back.

"It's always a blast talking to you Luciano," he said. I chuckled and Liliana just laughed lightly while shaking her head.

"Are you going to your room or mine?" I asked as we made it to the top of the stairs.

"You're very fast forward, you haven't even taken me on a date and you are already asking me to come to your room, where are your manners?" she asked, looking at me with a huge smile on her face. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"So sorry, ma'am," I said, "would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow night?"

"Sorry, I don't think my schedule will allow it," she said, checking her nails, "I've got like five different meetings tomorrow,"

"Oh really and who are they with?" I asked placing my hands in my pockets.

"While, I have an early meeting with breakfast, after that I have a meeting with the pool, then the meeting with Lunch, another meeting with the library, of course the meeting with your amazing mother, and lastly a meeting with my bed and I just can't cancel again," she said looking back at me.

"I'm sure you could fit me in there somewhere," I said.

"I guess I could move my meeting with my bed to later that night," she said sighing.

"Thank you so much for fitting me in," I said laughing, earning a laugh from her.

"What should I be expected to wear to this date?" she asked.

"Casual clothes and comfortable shoes," I said before walking to my room.