43. dinner

CHAPTER 43: DINNER

                            Sunday, July 2nd 2017 - Eugene, Oregon

                       I feel pretty lonely in my bed this morning. Even though I had my bed all for myself this night, I slept on the right side and kept the left side empty where Harry usually sleeps when he is over. It is ridiculous how used I already am to him being here and us sharing the bed for the night. He became like an important necessity that I need next to me at all times.

However, last night we decided that he should spent a night at his home again. Mostly to inform his parents that I will be coming over tonight but also so Harry would spend some time at his house again.

 But I have to admit that I miss waking up to a sleeping Harry. I miss tracing my fingers up and down his bare spine until he finally awakes and I miss ruffling his soft curls. Even though we only spent one night apart, I feel not as whole as I used to and this scares me more than everything.

I don't want to need Harry to feel whole. I want to feel whole by myself but have him by my side so my life is even better than it was before. I don't want him to be the ice cream, I want him to be the cherry on top of it.

 I blankly look at the empty left side of my bed. Harry has completely taken over my life and my mind. Basically, every second thought I have is about Harry and then another thought follows where I wonder if he's thinking about me just as much, or less, or more, or at all.

 My phone vibrates on my night stand and groaning I pick it up. A quick glance at the clock tells me that I have been lying in my bed for four hours since I woke up. It is noon by now. I then check who is calling and am relieved when I see it's Harry.

  "Hi baby girl." Harry greets me and I'd really like to tell my heart to calm the fuck down.

  "Hey."

  "I just wanted to check on you." Harry's voice sounds rougher through the phone than it does when it's close to my ear.

  "I'm fine. A bit nervous maybe and you?"

  "Yeah, me too," Harry sighs, "What are you wearing?"

 I joke laughing, "I'm not having phone sex with you, Harry."

  "No, I...I meant for the dinner," Harry sounds a bit caught off guard and nervous, "even though I wouldn't mind having phone sex with you." The tone of his voice immediately changed and I'm suddenly feeling all hot.

  "You're gross," I laugh and cover my face to cool my warm cheeks with my cold fingertips, "and I don't know actually. I thought a dress? My problem is I barely have clothes that seem appropriate to meet your parents like even my dresses suddenly seem very short."

 I let out a sigh. This whole meeting his parents thing is stressing me more out than it should.

  "You don't have to be dressed like a Virgin Mary but I guess you have to at least cover your beautiful tits, like completely." Harry says and he sounds a bit disappointed.

  "What a bummer."

  "It is," Harry sighs, "As discussed I'll pick you up at 5 and don't worry too much, Stella. I love you and that's all that matters."

 How come three simple words can make me so happy? When Harry says he loves me, my heart literally feels like it would burst any second. Is it even healthy to feel this way about someone?

 Harry and I talk for a little more until we both agree on hanging up because I only have four hours left to get ready. Lazily, I drag myself out of the bed and waddle over to my closet where I search through my clothes. I have some black shirts and some white ones. A few colourful shirts are to be found, too, but they're all not appropriate for a dinner. I have some dresses but they're all black, except for like two other dresses which are flowery but low-cut as well. So they are not an option. I find a couple blouses, which are black as well.