44. admiration

CHAPTER 44: ADMIRATION

                           Sunday, July 2nd 2017 - Eugene, Oregon

                      Harry leads the way and I follow him upstairs. For some reason I walk more carefully than I usually do. I walk on my tip toes in hope not to leave dirt on the ground and rather slowly so I won't knock over any furniture or decoration. We walk down the first floor and pass a few doors that are closed. The house is mostly kept in white and ivory. The furniture is mostly a grey wood.

 A door is being opened by Harry and then I stand in his room. My eyebrows raise as I take in Harry's room. It certainly doesn't look anything like I expected it to look. The whole house looks so clean and tidy and then there is Harry's room.

 The inside of the door is painted completely black and random stickers are put all over it. The next thing I lay my eyes on is a little shelf that is full with vinyls and CD's. Next to the shelf is his huge white bed. Above his bed hang two guitars on the wall. A pile of old books creates the night stand where a small lamp stands on top of it.

 Opposite his bed is a huge window, a telescope in front of it. On the left side of the window is another shelf filled with books and random things. A flat screen hangs on the wall opposite the door, the wall on the right side of the window. Underneath it is a guitar speaker which is more used as something to throw clothes over. On the right side of the flat screen on the wall is a dresser with four drawers. The second one is pulled open and a few clothes hang off the edge of the drawer.

 More pants and shirts are all over the floor. The bed isn't made and some water bottles fly around as well. The shelves are plastered with a few stickers and three posters hang on his wall next to the guitars.

  "You never mentioned that you play guitar." I point out and the gesture towards the two guitars, one being an electric and the other one an acoustic guitar.

  "Yeah, I do," He shrugs and pushes off some clothes, books and a water bottle off the bed to sit down on it, "My ukulele has to be somewhere, too."

  "Better don't mention this to my dad or you're suddenly gonna spend a lot of time with him." I laugh and take off my shoes just like Harry did to join him on his bed. I still look around the room, eyeing different things, "Your room is amazing. I love it."

  "And messy."

  "Oh c'mon, you should know I'm used to this. My room doesn't look any different." I laugh and snatch a hair tie from Harry's night stand to put my hair in a pony tail, "So what do we do now?"

  "We could watch a movie?" Harry suggests.

  "Sounds good to me." I answer.

 Harry searches for the remote control for his television. After five minutes he finally finds the remote control on top of his book shelf. Harry throws himself back on the bed and puts an arm around my shoulders while he turns on the TV. After we zapped through the channels and found nothing good to watch, Harry opened Netflix and we decided to start the show The Walking Dead. Harry already knows the show up to the middle of season three but we start with season one so I know what the show is about.

 We watch episode after episode and I discuss each character with Harry and what I think is going to happen now. By now we are slouching on his bed, tangled in comforters.

 I lean my head against the headboard and watch Harry. He has his eyebrows furrowed but his eyes look a bit droopy like he is about to fall asleep. I like how he slightly contorts his face and his grip on my legs tightens whenever he sees how a zombie is being killed.