IV

Amaru Rouge

Today was a new day and we start all over but what I wasn't prepared for was my physiotherapy. I knew I wanted to get better but I just hated how my family were trying way too hard.

They thought I was incapable and that made me feel some type of resentment towards myself. I heard a knock on my door and sighed. I didn't want to be bother today but I guess I have to put in more effort if I wanted to walk.

"Come in!". I said to whoever was at the door. My door opened a little and my father peeked through my door.

"Wassup son". He said with a small smile gracing his face.

"Wassup pops". I said to him.

"Can I come in ?". He asked me, stilling standing on other side of the door and head peeking in. I gently nodded my head. The door fully opened and he stepped in.

I notice he looked a bit more relaxed and not stressed because of me. I know my accident put everyone on the back burner in their lives but overall I was much appreciative of them for being able to hold me down.

He took a seat on the foot of the bed and we stared at each other, not knowing what to say to each other. One thing I'm glad about is that , my father was always there for me and my younger siblings.

He never turned his back on us when he got remarried and my mother wouldn't have allowed it either. She made sure we had the support system we needed to go through this thing we call life.

"You good?". My father asked. I nodded my head again. We sat in silence again. I knew he wanted to say something to me but he didn't know how to start the conversation.

"I-". He started but halted and cleared his throat. I raised my brow because that was something that my caught attention. I was interested in what he had to say.

"Wassup? What's on your mind?". I questioned. I attempted to move up the bed but the pain that shot up on my lower back made me stop. My father saw what I was trying to do and stood up, coming to my rescue.

I tried protesting but he gave me a look and I left it as it was. He helped me until I was comfortable. He fluffed the pillows for me and I can honestly say, I was more comfortable and relaxed.

"I know this is hard for you but I want you to know I will always be there for you ". My father said. I was caught off guard because he wasn't a man of many words but when he spoke, he mean it. I kinda got that from him.

"Okay?". I pondered further cause I knew there was more to the story. I saw him inhale and exhale loudly. Whatever he wanted to tell me, I knew I wasn't going to like. He stared at me, while I looked back at him, waiting for whatever he was about to say.

"We have got you a new physiotherapist ". He confessed. The frown on my face deepened, that I know for sure. I scrunched my brows in confusion.

"Why?" I couldn't help but ask.

"We are just trying to help you and I feel like this one will be able to help". He told me.

"I wanted to find my own therapist. Y'all did not have a right to do that!". I found myself saying, harshly. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful or anything but this time I wanted to have someone who'd help me and actually have me start walking again. Not someone who was going to be chasing after money.

"I know but I wanted to help and lessen the burden on you". My father said to me causing my lips to be smacked in annoyance.

"I don't think they good enough for me".