VIII

Waking up the next morning, Áine peeled her sore, puffed-up eyes open. The light from the window illuminated the whole living room area. She had forgotten to close her blinds before she fell asleep.

But how could she when, she was cried herself to sleep. After Kobi had left, she couldn't help but feel hurt from his words. She shouldn't be feeling anything for him but what he said pierced through her.

Till this day, she still had love for him, and she was beating herself up because she didn't want to feel love for him anymore. She was at a point where she was fed up and tired of crying herself to sleep every night. He didn't deserve her nor her tears.

She slowly got up from the couch where she fell asleep and wiggled her toes against her plush carpet. She stretched her limps, shaking the sleep out of her body but somehow, she still felt tired. She was drained.

She walked towards the kitchen and heard her phone vibrating in her bag. She quickly walked towards it before whoever was calling, hung up the call.

Pulling it out and seeing multiple missed calls from her mother and Tanya. She slightly rolled her eyes. Her sister and mother were so overprotective of her and it kind of got to her, lately.

She called Tanya back and placed her phone over her ear, hearing it ring.

"You were supposed to call last night". Tanya immediately said as the call connected.

"Good morning, Tanya, how are you. I'm very well thank you for asking". Áine smiled, sarcasm dipping in her voice.

"Bitch don't start". Tanya said to her.

"I wasn't starting nothing. Greet me like you've got some sense". Áine told her, clearing her sore throat. All her tears were clogged at the back of her throat.

"Why you sound like that?". Tanya asked, her voice sounding concerned.

"Nothing, I just have a sore throat". She lied. The last thing she wanted Tanya knowing was that Kobi was in her house after damn well telling her to never let him in ever again.

"Hmm but did you get in the house safe?" Tanya asked.

"Yes mommy". She playfully scoffed.

"Damn right you know I'm your momma, so you better listen to me".

"Bye Tanya!". Áine chuckled, playfully scoffing.

"Love you sis and call me when you need anything ". Tanya said. After they had said their final words. Áine reached for her purse but she accidentally knocked it off the kitchen island.

The content slipped out causing her to curse at herself. She got on the floor and picked up her things, but a particular item caught her attention.

Taking the card into her hand, she ran her fingers through the writing. She a took a deep breath, her mind going back to the session she had with.

She didn't want to go back to that place, especially the place where she was constantly crying and asking herself if she was good enough.

She stood up, reaching for her phone and searched for Grace Family Counselling. Luckily for her, it was opened but she didn't think she was ready for another round of crying in front of a stranger. But at least this stranger wasn't someone who knew and could easily judge her.

Áine placed her phone back on the kitchen island and decided to head to her room for a shower. A shower was exactly wanted she needed in this moment.

Stepping inside the hot steamy shower, she immediately felt her muscles relaxing. Enjoy the warm water cascading down her body, Áine's thoughts drifted to back when she was pregnant.