XVIII

Two days later

Áine smoked a blunt as she nervously waited in her car for Amaru to arrive. The radio was lowly playing a Summer Walker song. She put her blunt out feeling the drug finally settle inside her body making her relax. She pulled out gum from her glove compartment and popped it into her mouth.

The mint flavour filled her nostrils sending shivers down her spine. She jumped out of fright hearing her phone ring. She had drifted away for a bit.

"Hey where you at?". Amaru questioned over the phone.

"In my car". She told him, clearing her throat.

"Aight, the same white Mercedes you came with?". He questioned.

"Yeah, I'm parked near the entrance". She said feeling her nerves coming back. After that Amaru said okay and dropped the call.

She grabbed the compart mirror and lip gloss from her glove compartment, gently reapplying the second coat. She quickly run her fingers through her short curls before she heard a little knock by her window.

She jumped once again from fright and looked outside, seeing Amaru standing outside her door. She sent him a smile and grabbed her phone along with her crossbody purse. Amaru stepped aside letting her get out the car.

His eyes roamed from her face to down her body when she stepped out. She was wearing a black bodycon jumpsuit that was clinging to her body like second skin with a black coat and on her feet were red and black jordans. They were matching once again.

She had no make up on which was really bringing out her clear toffee skin tone. He thought she looked breath-taking, and the hair framed her chubby face. Amaru waited as she pressed the lock button on her keypad.

"You still smoke?" He asked as soon as she turned around to look at him with his brows furrowed.

"Are you my daddy?". She squinted her eyes at him. He said nothing for a while as they looked at each other.

"You look good". He told her after their silence, licking his lips. Áine blushed, looking down.

"Nah don't look down, you too pretty to be doing that". Amaru didn't know what came over him, but he couldn't resist her beauty. The six months they hadn't seen each other were good for them. it made the heart grow fonder.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself". Áine complimented, shyly looking up at him. She hadn't realise how tall he was. He had gotten finer and she could see his muscles bulging out in his black coat.

They walked side by side inside the restaurant. They were led to their table by the hostess. Grabbing the chair out for Áine, she appreciatively smiled at him, taking a seat. He walked to the other side and took a seat. The menu were placed on the table and then the hostess walked away.

"How are you doing?". Amaru asked as soon as he took a seat and taking his coat off.

"I'm doing good, how about you? I see you walking better now". Áine stated with a smile on her face. She was glad he pushed through and was now walking. Although there was a limp here and there

"I told you I was going to walk again". He told her, looking directly into her eyes. The eye contact made her get all hot and jittery. Amaru's eye contact made her feel a certain way even after she hadn't seen him in months.