XIV

A WEEK LATER

A week after gone by and it was safe to say that Amaru was getting better, he could stand from his wheelchair and take a couple of steps before he falls back down. Nevertheless, it was good process for both of them. It showed that Áine was really good at her job.

Walking into the home gym and hearing the loud Meek Mill and Drake song playing in the background as Amaru held on to the rail and practiced his walking. With a few grunts and clenched teeth, he tried his very best and Áine could see that and she was proud of him.

Walking over and turning the volume down, Amaru turned around and set his eyes on her.

"I see you putting in a lot of practice". She commented with smile on her face, wheeling his chair towards him and grabbing his water and towel, holding them out towards him.

"I want to walk again". He told her, slowly taking a seat and a sip of his water.

"I get that, I totally do but you can't put too much strain on your legs". She mentioned.

"Ain't nothing wrong with extra practice ".

"Did you at least warm up?". She questioned with her brows raised. He blankly stared at her with his lips pressed in a thin line. He didn't.

"See I told you, you gotta warm up to prevent injuries but you don't listen to me. You wanna do want you want and not what's best for you. I gotta ensu-".

"Hey, hey, look, I'm fine and I'm sorry I didn't do what was required. I was just so excited and got into it". He interrupted and also apologizing.

She blew out a breath and sighed, palming her forehead "look I don't want you doing all that by yourself that's why I'm here to help".

"I don't want to put all the burden on you. You have done more than enough, and I will forever be grateful but now? I gotta do this on my own ". He told her. Amaru was really appreciative for everything she had done for him but now was his chance to do it on his own. She simply nodded her head.

"Oh, thank you for the clothes the other day". She told him, retrieving them from her purse. It had taken her a while to bring them back, but she finally did.

"Ain't no problem ". He spoke.

"Who did they belong to". She blurted out, looking down at him. His mood dampened by the question.

"If you don't wanna talk about it then that's fine". She quickly rambled, feeling embarrassed for even asking.

"Nah you good". He waved her off. He wheeled his chair moving to the back of the home gym that led to the backyard. Amaru noticed Aine standing in the middle of the room.

"You coming?" He questioned, looking back at her. She quickly nodded her head and followed behind. She had no clue where they were going but she was glad nevertheless to be talking to him and getting to know him.

Amaru led her to the backyard, passing the beautiful blue pool and into a small house hidden behind the huge tree which had a swing tied around it. Stopping before the door, Amaru turned the doorknob, causing it to open. Walking in behind him, Aine covered her nose as the dust particles invaded her nose. She shook in disgust as she noticed all the furniture covered in dust.

She tried her hardest not to run out of there because of the germs covering the furniture. Amaru suddenly stopped causing her to halt her movement as well. He picked up a picture frame nearby and gently wiped the dust off.

"I had a wife". He started looking at the picture in his hand. Aine stood in surprise.

"Y-you had a wife?". She stuttered, looking down at him as he nodded his head.