XXXVII

"Our first vacation together papa!". Áine stated as they walked into their private villa.

"Yeah". He said, walking behind her. Their bags had been brought in a few moments before. Áine walked around, admiring their jacuzzi villa.

They had settled for the Maldives. They were staying at the Meeru Island spa and resort. It had a small living room with a TV mounted on the wall above a fireplace.

Their bed overlooked the terrace with a private jacuzzi plus an ocean view. Their bathroom was located on their right side which led them out to the same terrace outside.

"This is beautiful ". Áine smiled, walking outside and being hit by the warm sun on her skin. The views was amazing and breathtaking. They were surrounded by trees, other villas and the pristine blue water which stretched out miles and miles.

"You love it?". Amaru asked. She nodded her head and turned around walking back in the their villa.

"I need to call my mom before she goes into surgery ". She stated, grabbing her phone out her purse.

It rang for a few moments before her father's face was visible on the screen.

"Hey daddy where is mom?". She asked.

"She just got into surgery ". He let her know. It was currently six pm in Atlanta and three pm of the following day in Maldives. They were nine hours ahead of Atlanta.

"Aww man, I wanted to see her". Áine stated, a little disappointed.

"You just missed her but don't worry, everything will be fine". He reassured his daughter.

"Yeah, I hope so. I don't want to lose her ".

"You won't. Now enjoy your vacation and i will let you know if anything changes".

Áine was hesitant. She did have an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach but she didn't want to feed into it too much. She just hoped it was her being hungry or nervous about being in a place she didn't know.

"Okay please, please call me if anything changes. And i mean it". She told her father. She didn't want to miss a thing. She would drop being at Maldives for her mother.

"And enjoy your vacation don't worry about none of us, okay?".

"Okay...", She nervously trailed off, "I love you daddy ". She finished

"Love you too babygirl. And don't call me, I will call you!". He scold.

"Okay". She laughed and then dropped her phone down on the bed once they ended their call.

Amaru stood in between her legs. She looked up at him and wrapped her arms around his torso, inhaling his scent. He smelled like D&C with a hint of cocoa butter and everything will be fine.

"What?". She asked with a blush. Amaru brought her face up and leaned down to peck her on the lips.

"You look beautiful ". He mentioned, a grin gracing her face. Áine decided to try out braids for the vacation and they turned out so good. She liked how looked on her but she wasn't convinced to keep doing them. She loved her short hair. It was easier to maintain.

"Thank you papa. I love you ". She told him.

"Not more than me though".

"More than you, actually!". She stated, tilting her head to the side.

"Girl...". He chuckled, flicking her nose.

"You wish!". He pecked her on the lips once again before stepping out her embrace.