XXXIV

Early May.

"Babeee...". Áine whined walking in the bedroom, seeing Amaru still asleep. He has been sleeping a lot the past few weeks ever since he came back from New Jersey.

"Hmm". He groggily responded, rubbing his eyes.

"You still asleep?". Áine questioned. She had went out and had taken care of a few things regarding the bakery and he was still asleep.

She took a seat besides him and touched his forehead. He looked at her through squinted eyes, due to the light coming in from the blinds.

"You burning up too. You have a fever?". Áine asked with her eyes squinted at him. He shook his head and wrapped his arms around her abdomen and laid his head on her thighs.

"I'm just tired". He mumbled.

"You have been overworking yourself, going back and forth to New Jersey ". She mentioned. The pair had been busy. If it wasn't regarding their new home, it was Áine's bakery or Amaru's project in New Jersey. They were busy but always had time for each other regardless.

"You need to rest papa". She told him, "I will get started on making food. I know you hungry ". She told him, gently running her fingers down his face which was causing him to fall asleep again.

"Hmm". He hummed, snuggling more into her. He basically wanted to be in her skin.

"Babe, I need to get up". She said with a giggle. Amaru squinted through one eyes and heavily sighed. He moved and plopped on the bed.

"Did you at least shower?". She asked him seeing place his arm over his eyes. He shook his head.

"I feel weak". He told her.

"Aww baby". Áine sadly looked at her fiancé, she felt helpless that she couldn't take the pain away.

"I'm going to make you that chicken soup you love so much. Maybe you will feel better?". Áine hopefully suggested.

"Maybe". He mumbled, closing his eyes.

"Go take a shower while I change the sheets. You might feel better ". She told him. Amaru sighed and sluggishly placed his legs over the edge of the bed and slipped into his slides. He slowly made his way to the adjoined bathroom.

Áine opened the windows, letting the air in and changed the bedding and spritzed some room spray in the room. When she was done, she quickly changed and then headed to kitchen to start on making food.

She grabbed her phone and called Tanya through facetime.

"Hey girl lem—".

"Put the baby on the phone". Áine said, looking at her sister.

"You called me Áine". Tanya whined

"I said, put the baby on the phone. I wanna see him". Áine said once again causing Tanya to roll her eyes.

"Okay, rude!".

Tanya propped the phone on the console table and picked up her baby. She angled him, so Áine could see him. Her baby fever hadn't kicked in yet but she wholeheartedly enjoyed seeing her nephew.