XXII

Áine pulled up besides her mother's car and put her car in park. She grabbed her phone and hopped out the car. She grabbed the flowers and closed the door behind her

She walked in, immediately being bombarded by the lovely smell in the house. She traded her Jordans for some house slippers.

"Ouu mama, what smells amazing? Who you got coming over?". Áine asked her mom as soon as she walked into the kitchen.

The place had the aroma of the chicken and shrimp gumbo she was making. She opened the pot and inhaled the amazing gumbo. She tried stealing a piece but her hand was swat away.

"Oww". She hissed, looking at her mother.

"Get away from my pot Ney". Angel pointed at her, causing a frown to grace her face

"I just wanted a lil taste". She let her know but Angel waved her off.

"Not yet but whose are those for?" She curiously asked, eyeing the beautiful bouquet of flowers in her arms

"These are yours, Amaru got them for you. He enjoyed the food last night. He wants more too". Áine let her mother know.

"These are beautiful". She stated, inhaling the flowers and they smelled divine.

"Yeah he's trying to kiss your ass". Áine scoffed.

"Girl don't be jealous" Angel laughed. She grabbed a vase from her cabinet and filled it with water before cutting up the ends and putting them in the vase.

"I'm not". Áine playfully rolled her eyes. In fact she was happy, Amaru and her mom got along really well in just a span of three days.

"Now tell me, do you like him". Angel curiously averted her eyes on her daughter as she leaned forward against the kitchen island.

"Like who?". Áine questioned with her brows furrowed.

"Don't play dumb now". Angel flang the dish towel at her, causing her to laugh.

"If you talking about Amaru then no. He's just a friend. A good friend and I'm not ready to be dating anybody". She stated truthfully.

"Hmm, so you don't think he's handsome?".

"Oh my gosh, he's so fine mama. I like his smile. It's a really g-".

"Girl bye, if you think I'm supposed to believe that you like him as a friend ". Angel scoffed making Áine bust out laughing.

"Mommy Amaru and I are just friends ". She told her mother but Angel didn't believe her

"Okay if you say so". Angel smirked. She knew it was more than that.

Before Áine could say anything the door bell chimed. Angel walked out not waiting for any questions. Áine followed behind as Angel opened the door revealing the family of two that stood by her doorstep.

"Oh my goodness, you here!". Angel squealed pulling her best friend into a hug. She was happy to see her after a long while. Áine recognized her former friend and a smile graced her face.

"Hi babes". Faith hugged Angel. They pulled away from each other.

"I see you brought Ronan. Look at him all grown up and looking handsome". Angel stated, causing a shy smile to grace his face. She pulled him into a hug and he politely hugged her back.

"Look at your babygirl. She's beautiful, oh wow". Faith directed looking at Áine. She was dressed in a oatmeal knit dress that hugged her curveous figure and her short curls were slowly growing out giving a twa. She had no make up display her blemish free toffee skin.