XX

The dinner was going well so far, everyone was getting along but no drama as yet

"This is really good, who made the cornbread? ". Kelsey questioned taking another bite and sipping on the fourth glass of wine, probably. Conversations stopped and eyes were on her waiting for the next move. She was known to be petty and very vocal about how the food was every Thanksgiving.

"I made it". Azealia coolly replied, briefly looking at her then going back to her food. She didn't want drama with Kelsey but if she wanted it, she would give it to her as she always did.

"Hmm it's good...". She said and everyone agreed. Azealia felt Kelsey was coming for her and raised her brow before she spoke

"But what Kelsey? Is there something else you want to say?". Azealia questioned, placing her fork down. India rolled her eyes at her mom. She knew she wanted to go back and forth with Kelsey and she didn't have time for the embarrassment especially not while her boyfriend was here.

"Ma please don't do this". Her daughter, Tanya begged who was sitting besides her.

"I'm not doing nothing. All I said was the cornbread is good. Can't I compliment her on the good food she has made?". Kelsey scoffed, rolling her eyes while turning to her daughter.

"Can we not do this ?". Caleb spoke up for the first time, putting his fork down and looking between the two women.

"I swear I'm not starting any shit this Thanksgiving ". Kelsey defended herself taking another sip.

"And you need to stop drinking!". Caleb scold her rolling his eyes.

"You don't get to tell me what to do!". Kelsey scowled causing the whole table to sigh and look at them. Shit was definitely going to go down.

"Here we go again!". Tanya mumbled under her breathe, stuffing the mac and cheese in her mouth.

"And you don't get to ruin Thanksgiving like you always do with your drinking. Don't you get tired of making a fool of yourself in front of this family. In front of your children huh?". Caleb called out causing Kelsey to roll her eyes.

"Why y'all always think my drinking is a problem? I can-".

"Because it is!" Azealia butted in, cutting her off.

"Nobody was talking to you but since you wanted my attention I will give it to". Kelsey told her, looking at her through squinted eyes.

"You always do this. Can't you just put whatever issue we have with each other to the side for once?" Azealia told with her brows raised.

"This is not about you. When did i ever make it about our issues? When did I say that?". Kelsey questioned with her brows raised. Azealia simply rolled her eyes and went back to eating saying nothing.

"Let's not do this". Angel spoke up for the first time. You could hear the exhaustion in her tone.

"Hmm not y'all ganging up on my when I ain't do nothing". She scoffed, taking another long sip before she said what she said.

"Kelsey don't do this". Sonai softly spoke.

"Y'all think ganging up on me is right, let's talk about this crazy man right here who has us fucked up by being all his wives!". Her words slurred, indicating she was tipsy— almost drunk.

"This is not the right time to talk about this ". Caleb glared at Kelsey not wanting to discuss his issues with the whole family present.

"This is the right time. E-everyone is present and they need to know what kind of a fucked up person you are. How do you even marry four fucking wives!". Kelsey slightly banged her hands on the table causing them to jump in fright.