VII

Later that evening

The loud ringing in room rocked Áine out of her sleep. She stirred in the bed, wincing from the soft bed she was laying on. She moved around in the bed, looking for her phone.

"Get your phone". She heard a grumble above her. She leaned up from her position. She slowly rubbed her eyes, squinting to see the bright light from hurting her eyes

She lazily swiped across the screen, accepting her call. She laid back on the bed, briefly closing her eyes.

"Hello?". She said.

"Bitch where are you?". Tanya loudly asked over the phone.

"Yeah where you at? We've been waiting for you". She heard India's voice say to her as well.

"What do y'all me- oh shit,", she cursed, realization rushing to her. They were supposed to meet up after work at their parents house.

"Hmm I hope you ain't at your bitch ass boyfriend's house". Tanya loudly said.

"No, why would think that of me". Áine sadly asked. She hated how her sisters thought the worse of her.

"You better get your ass back here right now!". India interjected.

"I didn't bring my car with me dumbass". Áine told her, smacking her lips

"We coming to fetch you, get ready ". Tanya said and she could hear her shuffling in the background.

"Wait for me Teetee!". She heard India in the background too.

"You still at that man's house right?". Tanya questioned her.

"Hmmm".

"Okay be out in thirty". Tanya said and dropped the call. A yawn escaped Áine's lips and squeezing her butt in

"Who was that?". Amaru groggily asked, startling her. She had forgotten all about him being in the room.

"Uhmm... my sister ". She lowly said.

"She's loud as hell". He chuckled.

"Yeah she is". She hoped he doesn't hear the conversation between the two. She leaned up back and rubbed her eyes removing the crust from the corner of her eyes.

She threw her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. She smoothened her hair that was currently messed up. Amaru switch the light on the side of his bed.

"I have to go and I'm sorry about earlier". She said to him. The little light illuminating his bare chest and the tattoos plastered across his chest

"I'm sorry for going off at you". He said to her.

"No, it's all my fault". She told him. He said nothing, staring at her. Áine felt uncomfortable from his intense gaze.

She averted her gaze and looked to the side. A knock sounded on the door. Noonie peeked in.

"Y'all up?". She said with a smirk on her face.

"Come in". Amaru invited her in. She gladly walked in and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Dinner is ready. Are you staying for dinner, Ney?". Noonie asked, directing the question at Áine.