XXVII

It was three days after the hectic new year party Áine and Amaru had. The two had a wild night which they were still recovering from and no they did not sleep with each other nor kiss.

It was a lot of drinking and partying. Overall they had fun but now it was time to get back to work. Áine was still finding herself when it came to a job. She wanted to do something totally different from her previous job.

Perhaps own a bakery or even interior designing would do right now.

She grabbed the pans from the cabinet and started preparing breakfast for herself and Amaru. He had been crashing at her house since Christmas.

She didn't mind though, that way they spent more time talking and getting to know to each other on a much deeper level.

Áine believed in emotional intimacy which she lacked when she was with Kobi. But with Amaru she knew how to navigate through the emotions.

He allowed her to express herself whenever she was feeling doubt but it always ended with reassurance and some affirmation to remind her of how much of a bad bitch she was

One thing she vowed to herself was that she wasn't going to depend on no more for anything. She wanted to be sure that, that was what she wanted before diving into a relationship.

She grabbed her speaker and phone, scrolling through her Playlist. She pressed shuffled and Queen Naija's Trial and Error blared on the speakers.

She hummed as she moved to the refrigerator and grabbed the eggs and waffles mix with the sausages as well as the bacon strips.

She had lit the gas stove and was waiting for her oil to heat up. She grabbed the waffle maker and plugged it in.

Cause without the rain, you plant a seed that can't grow, without mistakes, the right way you won't know

Áine sang. She related to the song so much. Kobi held her back so much that she didn't have the time or place to grow. It was watering a plant but letting it grow in a dark place knowing damn well it needed the sunlight.

Áine had cooked the sausage, bacon and waffles. She only had the eggs left when Amaru came down in nothing but sweatpants.

"Good morning babygirl". He said to her, wrapping his arms around her. Her backside rubbed against his front.

"You must wanna get fucked up". He groaned, snuggling his face in the crook of her neck, placing a feathery kiss on her shoulder blade. It wasn't enough that they slept together and he had his arms wrapped around her the whole night. He basically wanted to be in her skin.

"Why you rubbing up on me?". Áine asked, turning around looking up at him.

"Excuse my dick for being excited to see you". He said with a straight making Áine bust out laughing. She knew he wasn't playing but damn, he didn't have to be so blunt about it.

Amaru has made numerous passes on her. She wanted to give in but she was waiting on the right time. She wanted everything to be special and different. She wanted it to work out for the best

"Well we can set up a meeting sometime this week but first move before I burn the eggs". She moved around him and tended to the eggs on the stove.

She plated their food and made sure Amaru had most because he was a fat ass and liked to eat.

"A big breakfast for a king!". He rubbed his hands together, his mouth watering at the sight of the delicious food in front of him.

"Boy shut up!". Áine rolled her eyes.