XXV

Waking up the next morning, Áine looked around the room, finding herself in Amaru's bed. She looked to the left side of the bed, seeing him not there.

She yawned and rubbed her eyes, got out the bed. She walked to the adjoined bathroom and found her toothbrush she had over at his place.

She looked in the mirror and saw  her makeup was wiped off and clothes were changed. She didn't care that Amaru had changed her. They shower multiple times together on some days.

She ran the toothbrush under the water after squeezing a pea of toothpaste and brushed her teeth. She quickly walked to the toilet and peed.

When she was done she washed her hands and rinsed her mouth. Deciding to quickly shower, she hopped in and cleaned herself up.

Thoughts ran through her head about last night's dinner date. Ronan was her friend and that was never going to change. If he thought he stood a chance with her, then he was out of his damn mind.

And it wasn't because he had children with her enemy. It was just the dynamic of the situation and relationship. She wasn't going to be playing stepmother to no kids.

Washing off the shower gel off her body, Áine hopped out and wrapped a towel around her body. She walked towards the closet and grabbed clothes; Amaru's clothes. It was sweatpants and a t-shirt.

She grabbed his cocoa butter moisturizer and lathered the body butter on her body. When she was done,  she wore the clean clothes and headed to the kitchen for something to eat.

The smell of breakfast lingered in the air. It was her favorite; waffles. She walked into the kitchen and found Amaru with his MacBook in front of him, shirtless.

"Good morning ". She cheerily greeted him walking to the stove.

"Morning". Amaru dryly responded, barely paying attention to her. His focus was all on the MacBook in front of him.

"Are you still mad?". She asked, grabbing her food and taking a seat across from him on the kitchen island.

"Nope".

"Then why you being so dry?". She whined, looking at him and he still hadn't looked up.

"Just busy with work". He drawled out.

"Amaru..."She called out looking at him.

"What Áine?". He frustratedly questioned, still not looking at her

"Áine? You never call me that".

"What do you want?". He finally looked at her. His brows were furrowed showing he was annoyed.

"Damn". She pouted, feeling her throat all clogged up. Her feelings were hurt.

"Can we talk?". She asked him while stared at each other. Amaru scoffed, and closed his MacBook, giving her his undivided attention.

"Look I'm sorry about rocking here unannounced—". She started but Amaru smacked his lips, catching her attention.

"What's that for?". She asked, placing her hand on her chest. She really didn't like how Amaru was acting with her at the moment.

It was hurting her feelings how dismissive he was being with her.

"Why did you come here?". Amaru finally asked her. Áine could only stare with no explanation. She had no idea why she rocked up at his place.

"See? You can't give me solid reason as to why you came over here". He spurted out.

"That doesn't give you a reason to be mean to me". She sadly expressed.