XIX

Thanksgiving had rolled in and Áine couldn't be any more happier to be back home in Atlanta. She hadn't let anyone know she was back home though. She wanted it to be a surprise.

She had gotten a whole new apartment and moved out the duplex with the help of Amaru and Ace. Amaru and herself had became very close over the course of the weeks. They hang out and facetimed every single night.

She couldn't be more happier to have such a kind friend in her corner. The only thing she disliked about Amaru was his blunt and reckless mouth. He had no chill whatsoever.

Áine was finishing up her famous cookies she always made whenever it was Thanksgiving. Thank goodness she knew how to cook now. The last six months in New Jersey were really therapeutic for her and she was back and better.

She got to learn more about herself and what she wanted. She was rediscovering her passions and she has finally found it. She wasn't looking for love, all she wanted to do was live life and enjoy herself without being tied down to something or someone.

The last ten years weren't the best but she couldn't let that dictate how she could now live her life. Kobi was out of her life and now she was going to live it the best way she knew how.

Hearing her phone loudly ringing, she removed the oven mitts and rushed over to her phone. Seeing who it was, a smile graced her lips.

"Wassup best friend!". Áine cheerfully greeted Amaru as soon as the facetime connected.

"Aye my name is baby, what the fuck is best friend?". He asked with his face scrunched up.

"Boy you tripping!" Áine laughed, waving him off.

"I'm fucking serious. The fuck you thought this was?". He said not cracking a smile.

"Whatever". Áine waved him off once again and laughed some more seeing his straight face. Amaru was too damn mean for no reason.

"What you making over there?". He questioned, seeing her move around a lot in the kitchen

"I made cookies so I'm just putting icing on them now".

"Lemme see". He demanded.

"Say please  mean ass ". She rolled her eyes and showed him nonetheless.

"Damn those look good. You gonna leave me some". He told her.

"No". She scoffed, placing the phone back where it was so Amaru could see her move around.

"Why not Ney?". He questioned with his brows furrowed.

"You only gonna have these if you coming to my family's Thanksgiving. Are you still coming though?". She asked him licking the icing off her fingers.

Amaru eyed her actions. If he could have just a minute with her lips. He would show them magic but he knew he couldn't go there with her just yet.

"Amaru?" He heard, snapping him out of his deep thoughts. Áine furrowed her brows with a smile.

"Did you hear what I said?". She asked again

"Yeah, yeah I will be there". He cleared his throat.

"And bring me some of Noonie's food as well"

"Say please". He used her words on her.

"You are going to bring the food Amaru". She sassed him. Áine's confidence had skyrocketed. She wasn't as shy as she was before and she could hold a conversation without breaking down or feeling like she was being attacked.

"Aight we'll see about that". He scoffed.

"Nah uhn don't do me like that". She whined with a little chortle.