XXXV

TWO DAYS LATER

"Baby, bruh, stop crying". Amaru said chuckling lowly, standing over Áine who couldn't seem to wrap around the fact that she was expecting a baby once again. The sixth time.

Just hearing the news made her lose her mind and took her back to that dark place when she had all those abortions. That dark place where she had given birth to stillborn, twice and just when she thought she could have it all. It snatched again from her.

"No, this is not true. Let's go back to the doctor ". She whined, looking at him teary eyed. Amaru stood hopelessly. He didn't know what to do. He was slightly feeling better but had the urge to belch every now and again.

"We've been to three different doctors already and they have confirmed  the same thing".

"I can't be pregnant ". She said, tears cascading down her face once again. Amaru scooted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her

"It's going to be okay".

"How do you know that?"  She asked, looking at him and stray tears cascading down her face.

"Because I just know". She sniffed and shook her head.

"Babe I am with you every step of the way. You are not doing this alone". Amaru reassured her but Áine wasn't convinced.

She wipes her tears and looked at Amaru dead into his eyes.

"I want a abortion". She stated making Amaru buck his eyes at her.

"W-what?". He asked, with shock radiating off his body.

"I said I want an abortion ".

"I know you fucking lying ". He said, while looking at her and eyes turning into slits.

"I won't be able to handle this baby. I don't want this baby". She cried once again.

"You gotta be kidding me Áine?!". Amaru asked, humourlessly chuckling. Áine looked at him as she wailed with a pout on her face.

"You tryna kill our child? Are you being serious right now?". Amaru asked feeling hurt and anger reside in him.

"Baby i—". Amaru scooted away from her, causing hurt to flash her in eyes.

"I ain't your ex bitch ass nigga that made you get abortions because he couldn't step up to being a father. I can and will step up for my child. You of all people should know what I went through. What we both went through to get here again". Amaru told her.

"You wouldn't understand!". She told him.

"I don't understand?! Are you being foreal? I, of all people understand more than anything". He replied.

"This is my body and I'ma do whatever I want". Áine resorted to saying making him shake his head and stood up.

"We are in a relationship and that's my child too. I get a say in this matter too!".

"No you don't. You don't know what my body went through all that trauma and now I have to go through that all over again to lose my child again?!". She slightly raised her voice at him.