XXXI

New Jersey

Flipping through the company's finances, Amaru heavily sighed and felt a migraine coming through in small waves. He gently rubbed the temples of his forehead and stood up from his chair and grabbing the bottled water on his desk and taking one large gulp of water.

He has been stressed. Everything was messed up. Someone didn't do their job which put the building process on the back burner of their project with Miracle and it was costing them money. But he wasn't too worried because things were going to fall in to place soon.

It's been a week since he left for New Jersey and he's been feeling shitty for not checking up on his girlfriend as often as he would like to. He's been very busy from the moment in stepped foot into the city.

He grabbed his phone off his table and pressed Áine's contact name. It rang for a few seconds before it beeped and the call connected.

"Wassup babygirl, you good?". Amaru questioned with a small smile tugging on his lips and positioned the phone at an angle so it was showing his face.

"Hey Amaru". She spoke, tiredness evident in her voice.

"What's wrong baby? Is it me? I know I haven't been consistent with checking up on you and I'm sorry". He quickly apologized, seeing her blinking back the tears.

"Oh no, no its not you baby", She sadly smiled, looking at her boyfriend.

"Talk to me mamas. Tell me what's your mind right now". He now took a seat on the couch in his home office, relaxing a bit and giving Áine his undivided attention.

"Amaru I'm scared I'm going to lose my mama. I don't wanna lose her". She told him, looking at him with such a heartbroken look in her eyes.

"You won't baby. I know it seems impossible now with how the situation currently is but I know Ms Angel will pull through". He expressed, feeling shitty he couldn't be with his girlfriend to comfort her.

The doctors had caught her brain tumor at a late stage. It had grown and spread on to other parts of her brain. She was to have a huge surgery soon and hopefully be able to recover.

"Every thing is just a mess!". She groaned, palming her face.

"I have faith that Ms Angel gon' be alright babygirl. Don't stress your pretty self. Can't have my babygirl growing wrinkles". He teased earning a small giggle from her.

"You just know what to say to make me smile huh?".

"I'd do anything for you. You know that I got you mamas". He truthfully stated.

"I know and I appreciate that. You know how to treat me like a princess". She said.

"A queen, don't downplay your position. You are a queen. My queen". He confessed looking at her straight into the eyes. Áine felt a blush creeping on her cheeks and she palmed her face.

"You making me blush". She giggled.

"That means my mission is complete!".

"And that is?".

"To see you smile. Nothing brings me much joy than seeing you happy. When you are happy. I'm happy too. What's mine is yours".