XVII

Amaru's Pov

New Jersey,

Waking up Saturday morning and stretching my tired limbs, I placed my hand over my mouth as I yawned. I reached over the nightstand to grab my phone.

The bright light blinding me, I squinted my eyes and turned it down. The weather outside was slowing getting colder on time for the Christmas spirit which I wasn't looking forward to spending.

Its been a whole year since I lost my mother, wife and child. My mother to a horrible disease; cancer and the two important people in my life to a car crash which I survived.

I couldn't believe that months before that i couldn't walk but now I could. Its crazy how miracles can happen and how some things aren't permanent but death is.

I scrolled through my phone, going through my emails and responding to a lot of people who wanted to get their plans built by me and my company which I was grateful for.

I also thank Ace for keeping the business afloat. As much as it's my company, it's his as well and I wanted to open up another office here in New Jersey since there was so many new developments happening.

Once I was done, I placed my phone down and got out of bed, kneeing before my bed. I said a prayer of gratitude to the heavens. It was a habit I was slowly learning.

Dear heavenly father, thank you for waking me up this morning. Thank for you continuously covering me in your blanket of unconditional love. May I be blessed today and all the things I touch go according to plan

In your name I pray, amen.

Slowly getting up from my knees, i stood straight and stretched farther more, walking towards the blinds. I pulled them up, seeing the gloomy weather outside indicating that it was definitely cold. Watching the cars and people from my window, enjoying how busy it wasn't yet. When i was done, i walked into the ensuite bathroom, turning the faucet to warm water.

I stripped off my boxers causing my dick to strung up due to the coldness. I wasn't sexually frustrated if that's what y'all thinking. I was restraining from sex for my own wellbeing. Not that i didn't wanted to, i wasn't in the right state of mind yet.

I hoped into the shower, letting the warm water cascaded down my tensed muscles feeling them finally relaxing. I grabbed the loofah and pour my Axe bodywash on it, letting the foam develop on the loofah.

I cleaned myself real nice and rinsed the soap buds off my body before stepping out. I grabbed the towel off the rack and wrapped it around my waist and wiped the fog that had gathered on to the mirror, grabbing my toothbrush.

Finally, being done with brushing my teeth, I walked out the bathroom, heading to the walk-in closet which was on the side from the bathroom.

The apartment was a one bedroom with an office. I liked it so much that I decided to purchase it for whenever I was in town which was a lot before I had got into a car crash.

The things that happened in this apartment could not be spoken of ever again. I didn't want to think about all the things I had did here before. A lot of infidelity.