Part 1

"Just stay the hell away from me! Stop calling, I don't want anything to do with you!" You yelled into the phone while walking to your new apartment building.

You hung your phone up and shoved it in your bag.

When entering the building, you saw a short woman with green hair carrying a couple of bags towards the stairs.

It looked like she was having a hard time lugging so much by herself.

"Hey, would you like some help carrying those?" You asked while catching one of the slipping bags from her arms.

"Oh, yes dear! That would be lovely." She replied with a warm smile.

You quietly followed behind the woman up to the fourth floor, which coincidentally was the same floor your apartment was on.

When she came to a stop, you realized her apartment directly across the hall yours.

"Would you like to stay for some tea? It's the least I could do for you." She said while setting the bags down on her kitchen counter.

"I just moved in yesterday, I live across the hall. It really wasn't out of the way or anything." You smiled at her.

"In that case, I insist you stay! We are neighbors after all." She beamed with joy at the news.

What's the harm in staying for a little bit? It's not like I have to keep to myself anymore.... Although, if he comes for me it will hurt more when I have to leave.

After a few minutes of contemplating weather or not it was okay to let her get to know me a little, I answered.

"Well, I guess I could stay for a little while. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." You bowed slightly to her.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N). My name is Inko Midoriya, but you can just call me Inko." She gave another warm smile.

Anyone could tell she was kind by nature. She seemed like someone comfortable to be around and that's a feeling the was rather foreign to you.

The two of you sat together at her kitchen table for a while, just talking about how you were adjusting to moving to a new place.

"What do you do for work sweetheart?" She asked while taking a sip from her cup.

"I work as a bartender actually. I just started the job a few weeks ago, but so far I like it. The pay is pretty good, and it's not too difficult either." You shrugged.

"So, do you have any family here, (Y/N)?"

"No. I live alone. Both of my parents are dead." You said looking down into the steaming cup.

"Oh. How old were you when they passed away?" Inko asked with a sad look in her eyes.

"I was sixteen. I lived in a few foster homes until I turned eighteen, then I moved in with a friend for a while before I got my own place."

"That's hard on a child. I'm sorry you had to grow up so quicky, dear." She placed her hand over yours on the table.

"It's totally fine, everyone has their fair share of troubles in life so I try not to dwell on mine. It could've been better but it also could've been a lot worse." You smiled to her and put on a brave face, but really you were close to breaking down.

"I have a son about your age, and when his father left I thought he would never get over it. We had each other though, so eventually we both started to move on." She paused for a moment before continuing.

"I wish you didn't have to go through that alone, I couldn't imagine how hard that was on you." Tears starting to well in her eyes.

"You have a son? What does he do?" You asked trying to change the subject.

"He's a pro hero. He worried me to death getting there though, to be honest he still does." She said giving a small smile.

"He's lucky to have a mom that loves him so much." You gave her a heart-warming smile.

"Maybe I can introduce the two of you some time, he visits me when he doesn't have to work." She says in an endearing tone.

You could tell how close they were by the fondness in her voice as she spoke of him.

"Well, you know where to find me the next time he comes to see you," You matched her tone. "But I better get back home, I have a shift at the bar to work in a few hours, and a ton of boxes to unpack."

"Alright, dear. You can come back for tea anytime, I'm always here and would love the company." She said as she stood, beginning to clean up the table where we sat.

"Thank you, Inko!" Waving to her as you headed for the door. "I'll come back over to see you tomorrow."

Upon entering your apartment, you turned on the TV in the living room and began to unpack a few boxes that sat near the kitchen door.

A few hours later, you decided to stop for the night. You walked to the bathroom to shower.

Turning on the hot water, allowing the steam to fill the room, you stared at yourself in the mirror for a few minutes. Small scars littered your skin.

I hope this works out. I'm finally starting to get my life back, I can't go back to how things used to be.

When your shower was finished, you threw on a pair of jeans and a (F/C) t-shirt and started on your way to work.

Arriving at the bar with about ten minutes to spare, you took a moment to put on a fake smile to get through the shift. You weren't really used to being around so many people at once just yet.

The bar was called Pub Sohma and it was only a few miles away from downtown Musutafu.

"Hey Mei! I'm here, so you can go home now if you want." You said while making your way to the blonde woman behind the counter.

"Okay, I'll head out as soon as I get these glasses put away for you." She smiled at you while drying a whiskey glass. "How's the move going, girl?"

"It's been alright, I still have a lot to do, but I'm getting there. I also met one of my neighbors earlier today, she is really sweet and she invited me in for tea." You replied smiling slightly.

"Oh yeah?" She cocked an eyebrow at you. "What did the two of you talk about."

"She said that her son is a pro hero, and she wanted to introduce us sometime." You rubbed the back of your neck shyly. "I don't know why, but it kind of makes me nervous. I don't usually make the best first impressions."

"What if he's cute?! You two might hit it off." She whipped her head in your direction in excitement.

"I don't know, I'm not really looking for a relationship anyways. My judgment sucks when it comes to men." You sighed.

Mei shrugged her shoulders and the two of you went back to work for the night.